His eyes wander to my face, staring longingly before he looks away. "Right, thank you,"

"Okay," I sigh, disappointed. I can't help but to notice a mug of hot chocolate on the table, which I didn't make. My heart swells and with a heavy chest, I walk to the door.

"Oh, and Mia.." his voice lingers and a sudden hope sparked inside of me. "Can you please close the door?"

I grit my teeth, sighing. "Oh, okay,"

Shutting the door, my chest hurts from his cold, sudden treatment. Is he upset at me? Did I do something wrong?

I make it through the whole day without being worried and focus on my work instead.

"Do you want me to send you back home?" Jaehyun offers after the clock passed five.

Unlike other days, Taehyung hasn't said anything about going home together today. I guess it wouldn't hurt if I head back without him.

I nod, looking past through his glass window to see that he's still busy with his work.

"Yeah, sure,"

•••

Jaehyun's car has arrived in the driveway of the bungalow. Clicking the seatbelt button, I look over and invite him but he refused.

"You drove all the way here, Jaehyun. At least let me get you some tea or drink," I kindly persuade because I feel bad for him for the long drive.

He shakes his head. "No, it's alright."

"Why? Are you scared?" I tease him, grinning lightly.

He looks offended, his mouth agaped open, like he's accepting the challenge. I've grown to know him to be someone who is very competitive.

"Alright, fine but if your husband kills me, it'll be your fault," he taunts repetitively.

"Relax, he won't be mad," I assure, holding onto the keys and push the door open for him.

"Wow, you're so lucky for marrying a CEO," he says, walking further into my humble abode. "Literally your house is thrice bigger than mine,"

"Yeah, I guess I am lucky," I chuckle, shrugging my shoulders. I walk into the kitchen counter and place my handbag before going for the refrigerator. "What do you want to drink? Juice? Tea?"

"Do you have milk? I love milk," he suddenly admits, causing me to chortle.

I nod, reaching down for a carton of milk and pour it into a glass. "Huh, no wonder you're so tall. It's like you're a giant and I'm a dwarf when I'm standing next to you,"

He chokes on drink, almost spitting it out from his mouth as he laughs. "Oh, come on. You're not that short. How tall are you? 4'1?"

"YAH! I'M 5'3!"

"I'm just kidding," he giggles before continue sipping his milk. "Well, at least you're tall enough to ride on a roller coaster,"

"Jung Jaehyun!" I growl with anger fuming inside my chest. He laughs while slamming his hand on the counter repeatedly in amusement.