Demon Hotties

"So what's the biggest problem in Hell?" Annabeth asked.

    It was Saturday. Staying up most of the night had left her physically tired, but she was excited about seeing what she had only thought was fiction.

    Percy smiled like a rake from some 19th century novel who all the girls liked. "The biggest problem?" he repeated. "Probably all the hot people there."

     Annabeth rolled her eyes. "You're joking right?"

    Percy nodded. "It's not what you expect. You'll see."

     He paused. Are you sure?"

     Annabeth nodded. Percy drove her to a state park and they hiked for half an hour before stopping. Percy grabbed his pillows out of his man purse and they soon became wings that he attached to his back. He held out his man purse. "Will you hold this please?"

    Annabeth grabbed it and nodded. "I'm going to hug you as I fly," Percy explained. "I'll being going very fast."

   Annabeth nodded and closed her eyes as he wrapped his arms around her waist. She felt a whoosh of air and then a tugging sensation in her gut as her feet left the ground. The flight only lasted a few minutes and it was what Annabeth expected being launched in a spaceship would be like.

    When she opened her eyes, her surrounding were completely different. "Is this Hell?" Annabeth asked.

    Percy nodded. Hell looked like a cute college town from the past with its cobblestone streets, open markets, and myriad of signs leading the way twisted various universities. It smelled of fresh pastries, baking bread, and blooming flowers. The weather was fair and mild.

    Annabeth gaped at Percy. "This is where evil people end up?" she asked incredulously. "This is better than earth."

     Percy frowned. "I don't know how you humans got this idea that we torture people here. We test people on earth — that is our duty. Everyone goes to purgatory when they die where they atone for their sins."

    "So is that where they're tortured?" Annabeth asked.

     Percy raised his hands in the air and sighed. "I repeat: where did you humans get the idea that you will be tortured after death?"

    Annabeth frowned. "It's only just that people like Hitler are punished and people like Tupac Amaru II are rewarded."

     Percy facepalmed. "The truth is that evil people are given another chance to live a better life. We erase their memories. Anyone can choose to go back, but most dictators and such are forced to. Your lives on earth are hard enough without us making it harder."

Annabeth was starting to think that Hell was some sort of utopia when someone wolf-whistled at her. "Hey blondie," the man said. "Want to be my angel?"

Percy walked up to him until they were nose-to-nose. "Leave her alone, Octavian."

"And why should I do that?" Octavian sneered.

"Because she's not interested in guys who disembowel stuffed animals for fun," Percy said.

"That's a pity," Octavian said. "I've always wanted a human girlfriend."

He walked away and Annabeth exhaled. Percy turned towards her. "I'm sorry about that. Are you alright? Are you still up for this?"

Annabeth nodded. Percy smiled. "Then, I'll show you the best bookstore you'll ever step foot in."