Operation Prank Maddison

(Reader's POV)

I awoke, the sun was shining through the window. I squinted and rubbed my eyes, back facing the window. Lily wasn't in her bed. I stayed silent for a few moments, listening to see if I could hear her. I heard a sound in the bathroom, and I assumed that was her. I got up, my legs shaking a bit from the weight of my upper body. I took the clothes that I got from my room yesterday and waited for Lily to exit the toilet.

In the next minute, she left the toilet and paused to look at me. She gave me a smile and then walked down the stairs to the common room. I quickly rushed into the bathroom and pulled my pajamas off. I took the clothes I put on the counter and wore it. It was a nice turquoise winter dress. I pulled on some gray long socks and black boots. I skipped down the stairs and I saw Lily and the boys looking quite sly.

I raised an eyebrow, "So... what's up?".

"We've devised a brilliant prank to inflict on Maddison." Sirius grinned.

"What's it?" I folded my arms. They didn't have to prank her, but I was, to be honest, quite curious.

"Well... you see..." Remus said slowly, "Maddison always comes down from her dorm at 10:00, accompanied by her friends. This means she'll be down in 20 minutes.".

I nodded, listening attentively.

Remus continued, "Her friends have nothing to do with hurting you last night, so we're gonna lure them away.".

"How though?" I interrupted.

"Her friends all love Sirius, so he's going to be the lure." James beamed.

"But don't they hate us all now?" I asked, confused.

"No, not really. Sirius' good looks still captivate them." James replied.

"How will you get them to go without Maddison following?" I frowned.

"We'll get him to tell her that he'll see her later." Peter piped up.

"Oh, I see..." I said, nodding while I spoke.

"Well, with Maddison alone, James sneak up to her with his invisibility cloak and put something our dear Remus made last night." Sirius smirked.

"What did he make?" I asked tentatively.

"Hush, child, and let us finish." James said impatiently, rolling his eyes.

"Well, Remus made a bomb that explodes when you hit a person. Candies will explode out of the bomb. That's the first part of the prank. She'll be surprised by the sudden noise and the slight pain at her back. However, Maddison loves candies and she's bound to pick them up since the wrappers are ever so shiny. She'll eat them, and then... her facial features will enlarge, but her head won't enlarge with it." Sirius started snickering.

James continued for him, "It'll be so uncomfortable for her and she cares so much about her looks, she'll be wailing. She'll be so ugly!".

I smiled evilly, "That's perfect. What's my role?".

"You have to humiliate her!" Peter laughed, "You'll walk down from our dorm with Remus, Lily and I, and just pretend that we're talking. We'll pretend that we just spotted Maddison and then we'll start laughing rudely at her and mock her!".

"Brilliant, you boys are absolute geniuses!" I gasped happily.

"Hurry, get into your places, Maddison could come down any minute now." Remus said hastily.

James snatched his cloak from the sofa and pulled it over him. Sirius sat by the fireplace and started pretending to stare at it. Peter, Lily, Remus and I quickly scrambled up to their dorm and peeked from the top of the staircase. We waited for a few minutes, then we heard some girl voices talking and multiple people walking down the stairs. I then saw Maddison and her friends stop at the edge of the stairs, giggling and looking at Sirius. I saw Sirius turn and give them his charming smirk. I heard the girls sigh, and I rolled my eyes.

"Hey girls, wanna come with me in this room I found?" he says, swaying a bit to give off a careless and boyish vibe.

More giggles, "Sure!".

"Well, follow me." Sirius paused, "But Maddison, please don't follow me yet, I'll be seeing you in the Great Hall hun.".

I saw him wink and I covered my mouth to suppress a laugh.

I saw Maddison nod quickly, mouth open, eyes hopeful. Sirius led her friends away and I looked into the Marauders Map. James was silently walking behind Maddison. Then... BOOM. I heard a girl squeal in shock. That must've been James throwing his bomb! I looked Remus in the eye and gave a small chuckle. He grinned and continued to look out at the commotion.

"Who threw this bomb..." I saw Maddison whisper.

Then I heard the sound of someone touching a wrapper and saw Maddison picking up a piece of candy, just as the boys would say she would have done. I gasped hopefully. I watched as she plucked the candy into her mouth and slowly... ever so slowly... I saw her eyes, nose, mouth, and ears enlarging. She screamed.

"What's going- What's going on with my beautiful and precious face!" she whimpered.

"That sounds like what Sirius would say, but only about his hair!" I whispered to Remus, who chuckled at my remark.

"True." Remus whispered back, "Let's go down now, it's our cue.".

We went into character and started talking about random nonsense and walking down the stairs. When we had reached the final step, I paused.

"Look at Maddison!" I shouted, pointing at her.

"Don't... please don't!" she screamed.

We laughed, Peter falling onto the floor and rolling on it. I pretended to hold onto Remus for support and Remus hoisted me onto his shoulders.

"Even with y/n on top of me, I'm not as big and enlarged as Maddison's nose!" he sneered.

I burst out laughing, "Good one Remus!".

"Please... no!" Maddison whined.

She ran out of the common room and we heard her wailing as she ran down the stairs outside.

"Damn, that was good, but I have a feeling we're getting into detention." I said, wiping a fake tear from my eye.

(A/n)

I'm really sorry I haven't posted for a while...