That One Question

(Reader POV)

Remus and I had so much fun together in Hogsmeade. One day has passed and our friends still tease us about that day and how we were "secretly dating each other". James and Sirius were still just teasing us (and they had been going on for an hour) and so Remus and I walked away, leaving them, snickering at us. We turned around the corner and into the library. We had to study and work anyway. I didn't see that Remus kept sneaking glances at me. Then, I felt a warm hand on me. I looked at Remus and he looked back at me. He smiled shyly and took my other hand.

"Hey... Y/n..." he said quietly.

"Yes, Remus?".

"I-I really like you.".

I was blushing madly now. My face was completely red. 

"I like... I like you too, Remus..." I smiled

He took a deep breath, "Y/n, I've liked you since we met on the train at Hogwarts. You seemed like a mature, smart girl. You were quiet yet courageous. You're pretty and nice. I was hoping... you would be my girlfriend?".

"I-I... I'd love to be your girlfriend Remus...".

"Want to go for a small date outside, by the Black Lake?".

"Ok, Remus.".

We walked to the lake, hands intertwined. We bumped into our fellow Marauders in the way and oh boy, they were pathetic fools.

"Ohh! You really were dating." James squealed.

"No. We just started!" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh..." Peter looked kind of disappointed, but I didn't know why.

"Lucky..." I heard Sirius mutter silently.

"Remus and I are going somewhere. Goodbye now.".

We continued walking towards the lake, mocking and making silly imitations of our idiotic friends.

We arrived at the lake and sat under a tree, a book on our laps. We read and talked, read and talked. Remus had some chocolate in his pocket and I had a few sugar quills. We ate them, giggling and having a lot of fun! Then, our time was ruined. Not by the marauders, but by some Ravenclaw bully named Kat.

"Well... Lupin got himself a little girlfriend here I see." she sneered.

"What do you want, Ryer?" Remus stood up and faced her.

"Nothing. Just to mock how you guys would make such a pathetic couple. The two losers... dating.".

"Ryer. Shut up." I said.

"Quiet nerds. Why are you standing up to me? We're so much cooler and popular than you. We could easily blackmail you, really.".

"We don't want to deal with your idiocy. Goodbye." I said, Remus following me.

"Losers! Go away!" she called after us.

We were furious and marched up to the Gryffindor common room. We stormed inside and our three friends stared up at us, utterly shocked at our behavior.

"Er- what's going on?" Peter asked.

"Ryer." I said bitterly.

"Oh... her." James answered in the same tone.

"Just ignore that girl." scowled Sirius.

"She thinks were pathetic-" Remus said angrily.

"Yet she's the real pathetic fool!" I said, finishing his sentence.

"She's just jealous of how good you are at school." James smiled.

I inhaled, "Ok. Thanks, guys.".

"No problemo, my friendo." James saluted.

Remus and I had to chuckle at our friend. He always knew how to makes us feel better. What a good person he was.