Unbelievable

I avoided Remus for a while, but it wasn't hard; he seemed to be avoiding me too. I was slightly heartbroken by his actions and words, but I didn't stop. He had to understand that what I was saying about him was true. The Marauders kept me company, sometimes hanging out with Remus too. One day, Remus was nowhere in sight. I was worried. Very, very worried. I thought maybe he had left school, or people were bullying him and were "keeping him hostage". The next day, I still didn't know where he was. I sat the Gryffindor table, awaiting the arrival of the owls. In one minute, the owls came fluttering into the Great Hall, a magnificent sight. My owl dropped a letter next to my plate and I opened it up. The first thing I saw was, "Hi.". I recognized that handwriting. It was from Remus. I wish he could just talk to me instead of sending a letter. I continued reading.

The letter went like this:

Hi.

Y/n... I know you're mad at me... I think we should break up. I'm going to date someone else. Maybe you should move on.

From,

Remus

I felt the tears. I rushed out of the Great Hall, forgetting the letter on the table. I went to my dorm and cried into my pillow. I think I saw Remus on the way up to the dorm and my thoughts were confirmed when I heard a sigh and a sniff. Then, I heard three pairs of feet running up the stairs. The knocked at my door and I wiped my tears and opened it. My friends came tumbling in on the floor and I smiled a bit, though I was still very upset.

"That Remus idiot!" James exclaimed.

"How dare he! He's not brave enough to face his problems!" Sirius scoffed.

"Remus has been acting so pathetic lately!" Peter said, waving his arms around in utmost anger.

"Guys... guys... it's fine. If he wants to break up..." I choked, "It's fine...".

"No y/n. It ain't fine!" James scolded.

"Shut up James, it is." I scolded back.

"Well, y/n... if it's fine to you... wanna be my girlfriend?" he winked.

"No... You know what," I threw my hands up in defeat, "I'm not fine!".

"We're sorry about Remus, y/n..." Peter said in a sympathetic and quiet voice.

"Don't be sorry at all... Peter. It's Remus' fault..." I looked up sadly into the sky.

The next day, I saw Remus walking into the Great Hall, talking inanimately to a girl in Hufflepuff who had been crushing on him for a while. I felt pretty upset upon seeing the sight and dragged the three Marauders to sit with me. Sirius and Peter sat next to me and I knew they had a crush on me; I didn't care. James sat opposite of us, calling Lily. Of course, she didn't respond. I saw Remus glance at me and Remus saw the hurt in my eyes.

(Remus POV)

Why did I even break-up with her? All the girls who ever liked me are now thinking they have the chance with me. I'm a Gryffindor! I shouldn't be running away from all my damn problems! I shrugged the flirtatious Hufflepuff away and walked to y/n, who wouldn't look at me.

"Umm... Hi, y/n." I smiled awkwardly.

She glared at me, "What do you want, Lupin?".

"I- uh... I'm sorry... I wasn't thinking. I wasn't being brave and standing up to face the challenges at hand. I shouldn't have sent that letter...".

"Too late, Lupin." she answered dully.

"I didn't mean anything in the letter... I solemnly swear that it wasn't true." I said.

"Then why were you walking with that Hufflepuff... um... what's her name... Stephany Bayjewel!".

"She thought she had a chance with me." I said, sneering annoyedly.

"I see... But, we already broke up, right?".

"I was hoping we could well... undo that?" I asked.

"Fine, Remus. I'll give you another chance...".

"Thank you y/n!".

(Reader POV)

Remus happily engulfed me in a sweet hug.

"REMUS!" Stephany Bayjewel screeched like a hawk.

"What. Do. You. Want." Remus said sternly.

"I thought... I thought we were a thing!" Stephany said, faking out some tears.

"Oh stop being such a drama queen! Remus never liked you!" James mocked her.

She burst into fake tears and ran out of the Great Hall.

"Woah Prongs..." Sirius laughed quietly.