Bitter

(Sirius POV)

So... Remus and y/n have started dating now... heh... Lucky. I feel super frustrated and I think Remus is noticing that I'm talking to him less and less now. I bet that stout Peter also like y/n. I wouldn't dump her in a day! Why can't she see I'm basically made for her?! Man! I'm so glad James likes Lily. Lily is pretty and all, but she's not my type. Y/n's smart and a rule-breaker, so she's cool. I don't know why Peter likes her... he's not good enough for her. He's a scaredy-cat (A/N Wait wait wait aren't mice afraid of cats? He's a scaredy-mouse).

(Reader POV)

I really... I really don't know what's up with my friends. Remus and James are completely normal, though James is the most normal. Sirius and Peter have been growing distant from each other and Remus. Remus seems a bit heartbroken because of this and now the only one talking to him in a constantly civil manner is James and me. Why... why does my Remmy have to suffer... They seem so bitter to each other, Sirius is almost acting in a mean Severus-like level. Remus and I are hand-in-hand on our way to flying. It's James' favorite class so we reckon he's already there.

We go our separate ways to get ready for our lesson and meet up around 7 minutes later. We soared up into the light blue sky and I was a bit unsteady for the first few seconds. We would be playing a mini quidditch game and I was put as the seeker. I really don't know why. Suddenly, a bludger from the Ravenclaw team hurdled at me. I had no time to move and it collided with me with a great impact. I was up high in the sky and I fell at least 12 meters from the sky. Remus, being just a bit lower than me (10 meters high), also got hit by a bludger and we fell to the ground at the same time. People rushed over us and I had a concussion and a broken arm and leg while Remus had a broken nose, broken arm and twisted his ankle. One of the mean Ravenclaws who was in a particularly sour mood that day decided to risk detention and even expulsion decided to stun us and levitate us and drop us back down on the ground. She had time to cast a spell that removed my bones on my arm and Remus' leg bones and she did get detention - actually, that's an understatement; she had to face the consequences of expulsion. We were sent to the hospital wing. I fell unconscious during the journey to the Hospital Wing and Remus did too, but just outside the Hospital Wing doors. 

In a matter of time, we woke up and Madam Pomfrey shuffled over to us, with two bottles. I knew those bottles as my mom worked in St. Mungos. I winced and Remus noticed me doing it.

"What's wrong, y/n?" he inquired concernedly.

"Those are bottles of Skele-gro. They're absolutely awful, really!" I barfed inside and to be honest, Skele-gro tasted worse than that.

Madam Pomfrey gently pushed to bottles of Skele-gro into our hands and we gulped it down. Remus understood what I meant and started to mildly choke. I tried to block out the taste by pinching my nose so I wouldn't smell the Skele-gro, but it only had a mild and temporary effect. Remus and I were given a cup of water to drink and it kept refilling itself. We kept drinking and drinking it. Finally, the taste was washed out and as if on cue, our friends came in the room, seeming normal and very friendly again.

"Remus! Y/n! What's up?" James asked, relieved and excitedly.

"Nothing, really. Honestly, that was a lie. We had a gross bottle of Skele-gro." I scrunched up my face and stuck my tongue out like that was the most disgusting thing ever.

Peter scrunched up his face too and said, "Oh yeah, that. Eww...".

Sirius looked confused and asked, "What's so bad about that?".

Remus chuckled, "Padfoot, if you ever tasted it, I bet 100 galleons you would vomit.". 

"Remus, I bet you don't even have 20 galleons. You're like, poor." Sirius laughed, being very insensitive towards Remus' feelings.

"Sirius!" I snapped.

He covered his mouth, the cold realization dawning upon him and said, "Moony, oh Moony! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean too! It was j-".

"Just a joke?" Remus sighed, "of course not. I'm poor, that's a fact.".

"Remus, you're not poor!" I exclaimed, shocked that he would say that.

"I am, y/l/n!" he barked, "I am! Stop lying to my face. You pity me because I'm a werewolf. You only date me because you feel bad. You don't really like me! I guess you aren't a true friend because you don't want to tell me the truth!".

That hurt me immensely. It turned to physical pain.

"I respect your opinion." I dashed out of the Hospital Wing despite not being allowed to and rushed in front of the Whomping Willow, to punch its branch. It became paralyzed and I made my way to the Shrieking Shack. I fell asleep there, crying. I didn't realize that my three friends, not including Remus, came to my aid and Sirius picked me up and carried me back to the Hospital Wing.

I woke up the next morning and found that a curtain had been put to separate me and Remus. Remus pulled the curtain to look at me and smiled weakly. I glared at him and turned my back. I sensed that he was hurt and I heard him sniff. I heard him sob quietly, but I did nothing. I was hurt too. I was his girlfriend and yet he said I might not be a true friend. I was telling the truth. In my eyes, I didn't see him as poor. So far, my days have been bitter and I don't know why. I stayed silent for the rest of the afternoon until the Marauders came to visit me. I spoke happily with them and the bitterness left me. I knew, however, that it would come back after they had gone and I would have to face Remus and my enemies once again...