Defense Against the Dark Arts

(Y/n POV)

I woke up, filled with excitement. I wasn't often this excited in the morning, but it was the first day of school! I dressed into my Gryffindor robes and went downstairs, wondering if I should wait for the boys. I was reading again until I heard four male voices. I smiled. They reached the Common Room and I turned and smiled at them. They waved at me as I stood up to join them.

"Someone's excited." winked James, though in a friendly way.

"Totally!" I laughed.

"I'm hungry and I don't want to learn..." groaned Sirius. Of course, he would be this way.

"Zip that mouth Sirius, the rest of us want to learn, it's kind of like being back in our first year. We can learn new subjects." said Remus, looking lamely at Sirius. 

"And who asked for your opinion?" questioned Sirius in an annoying mocking voice.

I was still looking at my book, but pointed my wand at Sirius and said confidently, "Silencio.".

Sirius looked at me trying to shout and groan. Remus high-fived me and Peter chuckled while giving me a thumbs-up sign. I giggled. It was what Sirius needed.

"Mr. Black." I said with the dignified voice I almost never used because I was too shy, "This is all for the better. With the silencing charm, you now cannot provoke teachers to take points of Gryffindor.".

Peter looked at me, "Oh yeeeeeaaaah... He always makes Gryffindor lose points!".

Sirius gave all of us the death stare, but we just chuckled like it was a little, light joke. He glared intensely and then drew a line across his throat. I pointed my wand at him, smirking. He stopped and looked at it, a bit scared. I guess he knew that he would have no chance of "killing" us. We chuckled at his fright and he rolled his eyes and looked somewhere else.

"Scaredy-cat..." said Remus, staring at Sirius with a superior look at his face.

"Helpless." Peter teased.

"Aw... Come on it's just a joke, don't be too Sirius?" James said.

When we reached the DADA classroom, Sirius was shouting at us with fury (he was already able to talk). We were chuckled lightly, not caring about the threats he threw at us and made sassy comebacks for virtually everything he said. He got so annoyed, he didn't talk to us. He actually stopped talking without force. We entered the classroom making faces at Sirius. We all sat down on our seats.

Remus and I decided to sit next to each other because we did admit to each other we were pretty smart and if we raised our hands often, the teacher would call on us to answer more often and give Gryffindor more points with the correct answers we give. James and Peter sat together so Sirius wouldn't wreak havoc with James. Besides, Sirius didn't want to talk with us. Sirius sat with some other girl in Gryffindor that kept looking at him. She seemed to take a liking to him, though Sirius didn't.

The lesson started and Remus and I paid attention. We were learning about boggarts and the boys looked at me. They knew I was reading about boggarts.

"You better help me with this lesson." Remus smirked.

"But you're smart!" I whisper-exclaimed.

"Well, I'm not studying 24/7."

"I don't study 24/7!"

"Chill!"

"Shut up, I want to pay attention to the lesson."

Remus did shut up. Now I could finally learn!

"Could anyone explain to the class how a boggart works?" the teacher asked, looking around.

My hand shot up in the air. He chose me to answer as I was the only one volunteering.

"A boggart takes shape of one's biggest fear. To defeat a boggart, one must say Riddikulus while thinking of something amusing for the boggart to turn into. Thus, the boggart will be found as an amusing sight causing laughter. The weapon to defeat the boggart is laughter." I responded.

"Thank you, Ms. Y/l/n. 5 points to Gryffindor." our teacher said.

Remus and I high-fived each other. It was only 5 points, but we were happy with it anyways. We just needed Gryffindor to get a head start this year.

"Now. Form a single-file line and we will each take turns defeating the boggart. Ms. Y/l/n, is it possible for you to demonstrate to us unless anyone else wants to volunteer."

"Yes, Professor." I said quickly.

I approached the front of the line and took my wand out. I pointed it at the boggart, which had taken the form of a giant bottle leaking poison.

"Riddikulus!" I exclaimed.

My boggart had taken shape of a little pink bottle that wasn't leaking. It looked so babyish and it was labeled, 'TO PROFESSOR MCGONAGALL". The class laughed and so did the teacher. I smiled shyly and blushed standing aside to watch the others perform the incantation. When I saw Remus' turn, it got me very confused. It was the full moon. Why though? He said the incantation and it turned into a white ball. The others chuckled. Remus smiled with a look of worry on his face as he made his way to where I was standing. I smiled at him.

"Nice one." I said.

"Thanks, Y/n/n." he replied.

When the class ended, I made a mental note to find out why Remus' fear was the full moon. Of all fears, why that?