Family

(Reader's POV)

It's been a whole damn month since I fought with the Marauders. They tried to apologize to me, but that wasn't enough. I needed them to apologize to Severus. Now I know that this task would be difficult for them, as they are not on good terms with him, but if they want to be my friends, they have to respect my other friends. My relationship with Remus isn't going well. I mean, if we talk, we're still friendly to each other and we smile at each other every now and then. At least we haven't broken up. But I really miss the other Marauders, and at the same time, if I befriend them again, without them completing my requirements, they'd think I wasn't serious about them ending their bullying sessions with Severus.

I've cried to Lily a couple of times because of this situation. She, of course, was a good friend and comforted me.

"I miss the Marauders! Why do they have to be so damn stubborn?" I cried to Lily yesterday night.

"Shh, y/n, they might hear you." Lily said in a comforting voice.

"I don't even care." I grumbled.

"Well, I think you're lying. You love the Marauders." Lily said wisely.

"Fine, fine, I care!" I mumbled, "But that doesn't mean I'm on good terms with them.".

"Y/n." Sirius looked down apologetically.

"What do you want, boys?" I questioned.

"We needed to show you something." said Peter, coming up from behind him.

"Do it quickly." I groaned.

"We... uh- heard you crying to Lily last night." Remus said awkwardly.

I didn't respond to him, now I knew Lily was right. I did care. I really wished he hadn't heard.

"James is with Severus..." Sirius mumbled.

"You boys are bullying him again?! Or are you trying to shove the thought of Severus being untrustworthy into my head?" I shouted.

They flinched and Remus spoke up, "N-no, just look.".

"Ok..." I said suspiciously.

We walked to the Great Hall where I saw James talking happily to Severus.

I froze on the spot, my jaw dropped. 

"You guys actually apologized to him?" a smile forming.

"Yeah, they did." Severus hugged me, "Thank you.".

"True friends..." I hugged him back.

He gave me one last thankful smile and went back to talking to James. I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly, now being alone with Remus, Sirius and Peter.

"So... uh..." I smiled, "Thanks for apologizing to him.".

"No problem." Remus said, flinging himself onto me and hugging me tightly.

"R-Remus." I stuttered, "You're squeezing my ribcage-.".

He laughed, "Sorry!".

"C'mere." Sirius opened his arms for a hug, which I returned.

I think Peter was expecting a hug, but I missed teasing him, so I ruffled his hair, as he was shorter than me.

"Y/n! I'm not that short!" he pouted.

"Not even an ant would be scared of you with that height." I laughed.

He gasped jokingly, "How dare you!".

I walked up to James, who wasn't talking to Severus at the moment.

"Sorry, I'm so so sorry I got mad at you for standing up for Sev!" he apologized desperately.

"It's fine!" I laughed, "But at least you apologized to him!".

We embraced and it felt like I had my family back.

"Severus." I said, turning to face my Slytherin friend, "How's it like having many more friends?".

"So much better, especially without having to fear bullies." he sighed with relief.

"Glad that changed." I grinned.

"Yes, glad that changed." he repeated solemnly.

We walked together into the snow, bringing along Lily and the girls and a few nice Slytherins that Severus knew. We built snow forts and had a Gryffindor versus Slytherin snowball fight. Peter got himself covered in a whole load of snow and so we teased him once again for his size.

"Hey look!" I shouted, pointing at Peter who was curved into a ball as he got hit by one of the Slytherins, "Look what a big snowball I found!".

We all fell onto the ground laughing while Peter stomped the snow in a frustrated manner.

We played late into the afternoon and when it was time for dinner, we went back into the warm school. After having a nice, warm, and heavy meal, we had a small chat before we bid each other goodnight.

As I drifted off to sleep, I thought happily how I had made friends from Slytherin and how I changed Severus' school life and made the Marauders more mature people. I felt like we had become family, and that we put our differences aside to think more about our similarities instead. That we were all wizards and that we were just teens who wanted to have fun. And that's what we did, we had fun... like best friends.

(A/n)

I haven't posted for 2 days and I am soooo sorry! Online learning was back in session after having a short holiday so I may update less more.

Question: Do you think the Marauders will continue to bully Severus later on?