Werewolves

(Reader POV)

It was our third Defense Against the Dark Arts class and we found out that we were learning about werewolves. I stared at the teacher for a while after he said that we would be learning about them. Thoughts races and broke the peace of my mind. I didn't know what to do. It would be awkward now that I knew Remus was a werewolf. But he didn't know I knew... It should be fine... If I act nervous, he'll think I know! I was experiencing cold sweating and was trembling. I looked at Remus, who was sitting next to me and he clearly looked nervous.

(Remus POV)

Oh no. Why is y/n looking at me? Does she know that I have lycanthropy? She will completely and utterly desert me if she found out. After the professor announced that we would be learning about werewolves, she didn't talk to me ever since. She probably doesn't want to acknowledge my existence any longer. I sighed. I really didn't know what to do if she found out...

(Reader POV)

Remus is shaking harder than me. Remus is sweating more than me. I hope the professor doesn't say anything offensive if Remus is really a werewolf. Then, an absurd thought comes into my mind, but I still do it. I turn to him.

"Rem, are you a werewolf?" I ask sweetly, not wanting to make him fret.

"W-what? Heh. What are you on about?" he asked stuttering.

"I've been getting wolfie vibes." I giggled.

He seemed to calm down a bit and he looked at the floor and said, "Yeah y/n/n. I am a werewolf...".

"Cool!" I said ecstatically.

"Huh?" Remus looked up, confused.

"Cool!" I repeated, rolling my eyes playfully. I looked back at him and giggled.

"Werewolves are monsters, y/n!" he said, dumbstruck.

"Ahaha. Nice joke. Maybe some werewolves, but you aren't!" I said, prodding his chest for emphasis.

He blushed and replied, "But werewolves are monsters in general.".

"Remus. Stop it. Other werewolves are monsters because they like using their lycanthropy for bad reasons. You, on the other hand, want to keep as many people safe and don't want to cause any harm.".

He smiled at me and said, "Thanks y/n. I appreciate you.".

It was my turn to blush. Did he just say he appreciated me? My stomach had thousands of butterflies in it. I was happy and full of joy. The lesson started and Remus went back to looking nervous.

"What are the signs of werewolves?" the teacher asked.

I looked at Remus, giving him the 'Permission to answer?' look. He smiled and I knew that was a yes. My hand shot up in the air, feeling the wind.

"Ms. Y/l/n." the teacher smiled.

I answered the question, making sure people would not connect the examples I gave with Remus. He smiled at me after I finished answering and nodded. I think he was telling me I answer right. My teacher gave 5 points to Gryffindor for answering correctly. I smiled, proud of myself. I looked at Remus as the teacher gave more signs, which was the signs Remus gave off. I put my hand on his hand and smiled a reassuring smile, making sure he knew that it would be alright and no one would find out about his precious lycanthropy.

When the lesson was over, I dragged Remus outside the classroom to question him.

"Remus, does the teacher know about your lycanthropy?"

"No, y/n, it's fine."

"Are you ok with today's class?"

"Chill, y/n! I'm fine". He was chuckling at my concern for him.

I put my hands on my hips and gave him a questioning look, as though daring him to tell the truth. However, I looked into his eyes, and I saw no lying. I smiled with satisfaction and walked off, leaving him confused.