A 'Friendly' Date

Hogsmeade, due in two weeks. The first Hogsmeade trip my friends and I will go too. I smiled to myself, thinking of all the places I wanted to go too. All the places I read about on my books on Hogsmeade. I think I want to go to the Three Broomsticks, Honeydukes and the bookstore they have. Some kids go on dates with people in Hogsmeade. I wish I could go with Remus...

While I was reading the bulletin, I caught Remus looking hopefully at me. I looked at him but only held his gaze for a second before I dropped it. I was blushing, for sure. He was doing so too while smiling sheepishly at me. James nudged Sirius and they bot looked at us. Sirius seemed to turn mad and forced a smile. He then went upstairs stiffly. James shot him a confused look but seemed to shrug the whole thing off. Peter saw both of us and turned to go to the bathroom, stiff like Sirius. I wondered what was going on. Did Remus hurt them in any way? Remus didn't seem to catch anything of what the boys were doing as he started reading a book by some muggle author. I sat on the sofa by the fireplace and started wondering if it was I that did something wrong to make them walk angrily away. I decided to do the same thing as James and forget about it. Maybe they were just mad at James thinking he was teasing us. I would settle for that inference; that thought was probably right anyway.

Two weeks later, it was the day to Hogsmeade. I woke up in my dorm and quickly got dressed, ignoring my roommates. As it was Autumn, which made the atmosphere a bit chilly, I got dressed in a gray t-shirt and pulled a plain black and white hoodie over it. I then wore my navy blue skirt and pulled on long gray socks. I decided to wear my nice caramel brown and black boots that matched my outfit. I rushed out of the dorm, taking a book on dementors with me. I sat down in the armchair by the blazing fire and waited for the Marauders to come down.

"Hey, y/n!" called Sirius in a loud voice, smirking at the same time.

I squeaked and James chuckled.

"It's er- nice to see you reading... It's really... um... cool." Peter said, blushing.

Huh.

"Hi, guys!" I smiled.

"Y/n... can we chat privately for a few minutes." Remus blushed.

"Oh. Er- sure." I mumbled.

"Well. Uh- you don't have too..." Remus said uncomfortably.

"N-no! I'll come!" I chuckled.

"Heh. Th-thanks!" Remus replied.

He pulled me over to one of the sofas and James dragged the other two boys away, who looked pretty upset. Again. Why do they always seem upset when I'm around Remus.

"H-hey y/n." Remus looked at his hands.

"Y-yeah?"

"Can you come to Hogsmeade with me? L-like a friend's date?"

"Y-yeah... sure." I smiled.

I smiled, but beneath that smile was hurt and disappointment. A friend's date. He didn't know. He probably didn't like me anyway.

A few hours later, we were at Hogsmeade.

"So where do you wanna go right now?" Remus asked.

"Honeydukes!" I shouted.

Remus laughed and the other boys parted, making their ways to the Three Broomsticks.

I spent 20 minutes in Honeydukes, buying Fizzing Whizbees, Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, Cauldron Cakes and Pink Coconut Ice. I tried a bit of each after buying them and they were absolutely delicious. Remus bought some chocolate of course. What did I expect?

"Can we go to the Three Broomsticks?" I begged.

"Ok!" Remus said happily.

We practically sprinted to the shop and came in panting. Remus and I sat down and he got back up to take an order of two butterbeers. After a few minutes, he came in, holding the two hot butterbeers in his hands. We sipped it and it was more delicious than all the Honeydukes sweets I bought combined. I absolutely loved it. We enjoyed it so much, the mug was finished in less than 2 minutes. I moaned in sadness when the butterbeer was finished, but Remus cheered me up, saying that there was a bookstore and that he was going there. I silently screamed happily and ran out of the shop. I saw Remus jogging behind me, with no strength left from when we ran to the Three Broomsticks. Remus arrived 30 seconds after I did at the marvelous bookstore. I bought... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. 7 books. They were muggle books, books by authors from the wizarding world and some books that would help me from school. To be exact, I bought 2 muggle books, 2 books by a witch and a wizard and the 3 other books for school. Remus bought three books and when we left, my arms were full and already sore. Remus kept laughing at me and I was mumbling angrily when we reached the other boys. It was really lucky I didn't accidentally (or purposely, as James was being annoying) drop my books on one of them. They stared at me and James called me a nerd which made me smack his arm with the biggest book in the pile of books in my arms, including the one I brought from my dorm. James gave me a death stare and I smirked at him and winked. We then left Hogsmeade, feeling very happy. Hogsmeade is officially now one of my favorite places.