chapter 3: Flashy flames

*<demon code>* by DH Castr0 💎❤️

Recap-
I  scramble to my feet as I got back up, and turned the opposite direction from Noah, Simon, and Joy. quickly walking away.
"What are you doing!" He shouts at me.

" Leaving! I don't care about the glitch, it's your problem!" I tried to be as composed as I possibly could on the outside since internally, I'm freaking the fuck out.

Noah laughs then says "wow I can't believe you used to be called the "demon code" when your just a SPINELESS COWARD"
Now-

Noah laughs then says "wow I can't believe you used to be called the "demon code" when your just a SPINELESS COWARD"Now-

The moment he said those words I felt a stabbing pain in my head "demon code" echoing in my mind, taking on many voices.

I groaned as I grabbed my head with both hands and hunched forward.

Flashback

"Son turn away, stay close, he is dangerous"

"It's the "demon code"

"I can't believe he came to our town, how despicable."

"Leave us"

flashback ends

The pain resided and I continued walking away. Maybe it isn't so bad to not remember.

Simon looked towards Noah, whose face turned mischievous.

For the length of time Simon knew him, he also grew to know his unusual behavioral tendencies.

"Don't tell me that you're gonna.."

He smirks and responds

"I need to"

The temperature unexpectedly spikes and instead of breathing air, it has been replaced with hot steam.

The heat was so excruciating, each inhale made my lungs burn. My blood felt as though it was boiling. The sweltering heat was starting to leave red splotches on my skin. My body couldn't cope with this overbearing amount of heat and started to lose balance. The high temperature was causing me to sail on the coast of consciousness and unconsciousness, fortunately, I was able to stop myself from fainting.

I turned around to see Noah, the pupil of his eye transformed into a number two surrounded by his ocean blue eyes.

A blue flame develops above his hand, engulfing his knife. The silver metal melting and the flames contorting into the form of a blade.

Noah faced Simon

"He doesn't know how to activate his codes yet so activate one for him," Noah commanded

Swiftly, A light from Simon's eye pierced my chest and a number 0 appeared on the back of my hand like the dark tattoo marking Noah had before.

Noah laughs "you activated his physical code rather than power code"