Secret's Out💔

Sorry for any mistakes:

AE'S POV:

"Mae... Can you tell me what was his illness... Why does his headache occur every minute now? He will always throw up... Mae..... Please tell me.... I can't take it anymore. " I cried out.

She heaved a deep sigh while avoiding my eyes. She doesn't speak up so I know that I also can't get the answer from her. Her expression turned blank. I thought she might be angry with me.

"Mae.... I'm sorry... I won't ask.... " She cut me off.

"It's brain cancer Ae.... "She said to me.

" Mae... This is not the time for any jokes... "I said.

" It's true Ae... My son is suffering for brain cancer these last three years" She added. I felt like a cold water is pouring down my head. I don't want to believe. My tears keeps falling down on my cheeks as Mae said what was his illness.

'I'm so sorry Pete.... I'm sorry... It's all my fault... ' I thought.

"Mae.... Why didn't he tell me? Why?" My tears are continuously falling.

"Maybe he doesn't want to hurt you... Pete's illness made him braver everytime Ae.... It makes me smile and cry when I remembered what he said to me three years ago..." I continued to listen to her.

"He went home so late that night... He was crying and almost fall on the living room... He hugged me so tight while crying his heart out... When I asked him, he said that he already broke up with you..."

THIRD PERSON'S POV:

Flashback~

"Son.... What happened? Are you okay?" She asked Pete while he's still holding his mom tight.

"Mae.... It hurts... Breaking up with him is more painful than my illness... It hurts Mae.... Sob.... Sob... I don't want to break up with him! But I also don't want to hurt him!" Pete cried out.

"I think you should tell him your reason why you did that... So he can understand you more. "

"No... Mae... I can't... I already hurt him I can't bear to hurt him again for the second time... "

"He can help you Pete.... Why don't you trust him? He's the one that you love... Don't push him away from you. " She said while wiping Pete's tears.

Pete shook his head.

"Mae... I don't want to be a burden to him... Also I don't want to ruin his chance to find a new love... "

"But he's in love with you only son! "

"Yeah he loves me... But I will also leave him... I can't stay by his side forever Mae! I will also hurt him in the future... Isn't better to do that now?! If I hurt him now, he can forget about me... He will not remember me... I don't want him to be in pain, it's better to suffer alone than to drag him into this problem of mine. " Pete explained

His mom couldn't do anything because he knows that his son already made a decision. "

End of flashback~

"After that, he refuses to eat... He also locks himself in his room... He become a mess that time... It only worsens his situation...When he's in pain, he's already screaming for your name only... I want to tell you about that but Pete forbids me... He was admitted in the hospital for several times.... He decided to study abroad... But he couldn't focus on his study also.... The doctors there tried everything they could for Pete to get well... One day he decided to go back because he can't bear the sadness that he's feeling anymore. "