"It's not. You're more fascinating than I thought." I heard a low chuckle come from him. Music to my ears. I wanted so badly to see his face or the corner of his lips lift as he smiled.

"What are your, gifts?" I asked, needing to know more about him.

"Aren't you curious." His tone was playful.

"I won't deny that I am." I retorted.

"How about you come with me and I show you?"

"Come with you? Where to?" He pointed out the window into the dark veiled forest. I looked back at him and his golden eyes became clear. I could see the outline of his face from my dimly lit room. The sharp straight pointed nose, the cutting edge jaw line when the corners of his perfect mouth.

How can a person's silhouette look this perfect.

I slowly nodded my head and got off my bed. I straightened it out and ticked some pillows underneath in case anyone came up to check on me. I turned back to see him but he was already gone. My eyes searched my room and I felt no sign of him.

"You might wanna move fast little wolf." His voice came from outside. I ran over to the window and saw him down on the ground.

How did he get down so fast?

"Jump and I'll catch you." He whisper yelled at me.

"Hell no! There's no way I'm jumping down."

"We don't have all night love, so please just jump. Trust that I'll catch you."

"That's gonna be a little hard considering I don't know you!"

He sighed, frustrated. "I wouldn't let anything happen to you. Ever." His voice was stern and entirely sincere. It made my heart leap.

I sighed in resignation. "Fine. If you don't catch me, I'll rip your heart out."

"For that, I'd need to have a heart." I could feel the smirk in his sarcastic voice. I couldn't wait to prove him wrong.

I stepped out of my window slowly and put my feet in the ledge. My eyes were bolted shot as I counted to three in my head, taking deep breaths each time. I jumped on three trying very hard not to yell and get everyone's attention.

I managed to do just that and when I thought I'd be plummeting to my death, I slowly peeled my eyes open and found myself wrapped in the strong sturdy hands of my vampire.

"That wasn't so bad was it?" He smiled and I gaped. Even though his head was bent to look down at me and his hat over his eyes, I could see his lips and when they formed that smile, it became the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen. His teeth were stark white and straight save for the slightly longer fangs.

He put me down on my feet and I barely realised it.

"I'd let you take a picture but I don't like the lights. Too bright." I shook my head to snap out of my daze and processed what he just said.

"So it's true then? You can't go into the sun?" I asked as we started walking into the dark forest. He was slightly ahead of me, the distance between us enough for a third party.

"Not entirely true." His answer was brief. I waited for more but he said nothing so I went on asking.

"What is it then?"

"It more like having a case of a really bad sunburn. It tingles but it doesn't hurt much or kill."

"Would you show me sometime?" I asked out of curiosity

He stopped walking and I bumped into his back. "You want me to come back? And in the sun?" His tone held disbelief. Like he wasn't sure he heard me right.