42

I woke up the next morning feeling utterly disappointed. As I stared at my reflection in the mirror, I recounted the events of last night. It felt like a dream. Only, I knew it wasn't a dream. He was here and I spoke to him. He answered none of my questions except one. His name. The mystery surrounding him still weighs on my mind. I had questions. Many questions. I wondered if I'd see him again and if, finally, he'd actually converse with me. I did want to see him again. I know I shouldn't be so hung up on seeing another non human considering I am a werewolf and I'm surrounded by non humans.

But he felt different. Alarmingly different. He's a vampire. Something I've never seen before, only tales and myths ever told me about vampires. I was anxious and very curious. I know I shouldn't want to. I know he's supposed to be my enemy--- well a werewolf's enemy--- but I want to see him again.

Images played back in my mind of his Amber like eyes staring at me with so much intensity, it still baffles me how I stayed on my feet all through. His musical voice sounded over and over again in my ears. I was constantly reminding myself of how beautiful he sounded, afraid I'd forget all too soon.

I closed my eyes and shook my head to get rid of my constant thoughts of him. It didn't feel healthy to think about him so much. I barely knew him or what he wanted. I sighed as I finished up in the bathroom.

I threw on a black flannel shirt and black ripped jeans, combed through my dark hair mentally noting that I needed to get it trimmed. The edges were growing out and uneven.

I hurried out of my room, eager to start my day again. Yesterday I got nothing done and I wanted so badly to start something in my town again.

Claire and the boys were already seated for breakfast as I came down the stairs. Their eyes turned to me and I smiled tightly at them.

"What's for breakfast?" I asked pulling a chair out and sitting. "Pancakes." I stated, looking at what the boys had on their plates.

"These are so delicious." Jacob moaned with his eyes closed.

"Here, have some." He grabbed a plate and placed pancakes on it, passing it to me.

I muttered a thanks to him and started eating. They were delicious. They melted in my mouth so sweetly, I could barely suppress my satisfaction.

"Claire these are amazing."

She smirked, her eyes playful. "My momma didn't raise no slacker."

I smiled at her comment.

We all engaged in small talk as we finished up our foods. Jacob mentioned that the weather was going to be gloomy today and the prospects of it raining was high. It hadn't rain here in a while so I was pretty happy about the rain. Logan wasn't. He hated the rain and so did Claire. I asked her how her talk was with Kyle and she gushed about how good it felt to hear his voice, saying it felt akin to him being there with her. I rolled my eyes at her. She could be exaggerating a lot of what she said but who am I to question it, I knew nothing of being a mate.

Logan was quiet through most of the talks and I wondered why but never got to ask him. He was the first one to leave the room, going to settle in the living room. He looked bored out of his mind. I made a mental note to ask him what was up later. Claire and Jacob went on talking about something I wasn't listening to when I got up and bid them goodbye.

All eyes snapped to my direction, questioningly as I reached the door. I looked back at them quizzically.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Where do you think you're going?" Claire questioned, sounding too much like my mother. It made me cringe.

"I'm going to snoop around our old school. Is that okay with you mother?" My tone was drenched in sarcasm.