♡2♡

The next day was a major rush at school. I had people coming at me from all angles wishing me a happy birthday in advance. I had no idea how everyone got to know about my birthday until I read the school blog and saw that it was posted by my one true friend, Claire. She had bombarded me with plans she made for my 'birthday celebration' the minute I walked into school and it's hard to say no to her. I wasn't a major popular girl in school but I wasn't at the bottom of the social chain either. Being on the cheerleading team and having the quarterback of the football team be your boyfriend had its perks.

Fridays in school were always my favorite days. I was most free on Friday, having just three classes the entire day made the day seem short.

As soon as the bell for the next period rung through the whole school, I pick up my bag and head out. I walk straight to my locker, thankful that I was done for the day. I place a couple of books I needed over the weekend in my bag. My ears tingle and my hair stands as i hear light footsteps creeping up behind me. Even though my locker was creaked loudly through the empty hallway, I could still hear it.

Made me think I had a super sense of some sort but that's not the point.

I pretend not to pay attention and when I felt the person getting closer I turn around, swinging my backpack hard.

"Ow, fuck!" I heard his pained groan before i realise who it is.

"Oh my goodness. Axle I'm so sorry I had no idea it was you." I reach for him. He had his hand held up to his nose, his expression tight with pain. He wiggles his nose around, wincing slightly,

"Nah, it's not broken." 

"I'm sorry," I say again, truly feeling terrible.

"It's nothing to cry about babe." He pulls me close to him and kisses my forehead. I immediately wrap my arms around his waist and rested my head on his chest breathing in his scent.

"Where are you headed?" I ask, looking up at him.

"Well, I was just about to give my girlfriend a scare/surprise happy birthday message but she caught me in the act so now I don't know." He said while rubbing the back of his hair with his hand, a sheepish smile on his face.

I push him away playfully and he holds onto my wrist, drawing me close and twirling me.

"Just kidding. I figured since you're done with class for today, we could grab lunch together before your day tomorrow." He says, resting his hands on my hips and pulling me closer.

Somehow, I saw this coming,

I internally groan. "I can't today babe."

"Come on, please. We haven't hung out in like forever. Just 30mins." He pouts. I feel the urge to kiss his pout away but that would mean indirectly agreeing and I couldn't, not with mom still upset with me. I have to go home.

"30mins?" I ask, completely disregarding my earlier thought.

"An hour. Or two." 

"My mom's going to go crazy mad at me if I stay out too long. I'm on a thin leash right now."

"I'll have you back home before your curfew." He promises.

"It's not just that, my mom has been on edge lately and I don't want to annoy her." I think back to the moment she hit me and I could feel the burn on my cheek all over again.

"So I won't get to spend time with you before tomorrow?" His sad face was gone and replaced with one more serious and... hurt.

"Are you kidding? You get to spend the whole day with me tomorrow." I wrap my arms around his neck, trying to turn his frown upside down.