•35•

ALVA

I sent Claire and Kyle away. I told them that I needed to be alone a little longer. I needed to think and process a lot of things. Going back to that house meant I've made up my mind and decided what I want. Which was far from it.

I sat on the ground and stared as the sun turned orange. I've never really fancied watching sunsets but the times when I did watch them, they were beautiful and captivating.

Thanks to Claire I had a change from my wet clothes and as the breeze blew, it felt refreshing. Now I finally understood the reason for my mom's actions but it still hurt me that she didn't think to tell me about it. I probably won't have thrown such a tantrum if I knew.

I thought I was being lied to. I thought I was being forced. I thought I was being held back from being my own person.

Now I find out that it was all to protect me. Protect our name and our pack. I feel like such an idiot. I pushed my own family and friends away.  I even rejected my own mate.

Kai. He won't ever get over the pain I caused him and I won't ever know how to heal him. Sure, I'm irreplaceable to him but I replaced him even before I found him. I'm not ready to let go of Axle. The feelings just aren't there when it comes to Kai but Axle, he's everything.

I still want to go back to him and I will. There has never ever been a debate on that from the moment I got to this pack and there won't ever be.

It's all actually really easy now, Kyle would keep the title of our family, me being his half sister, I don't really matter. I can go off and do what I want. Sure I'll turn to some lone wolf but I'll be harmless.

I'd rather be a lone wolf than be stuck doing things I don't want to. I can't pretend to accept Kai when I don't and I can't pretend to like the title of Alpha either. It's too much of a responsibility and I don't think I'm capable enough for it.

I smiled to myself, reaching my conclusion. I got myself off the floor, dusted my jeans, feeling free and a lot more.. Happy.

Yes, I felt happy. Maybe things could get better and go back to the way they were before.

I breathed a breath of relief, turning towards the direction of the pack house.

The walk back felt eerily long. Thinking about it, I always ran to the spot never really walked there. I should try walking more often.

When the pack house came into view I just stood looking at it. I wondered what went down when I decided to run off as always and I pondered on what awaited me.

"Guess I have to face the music." I whispered to myself and took the steps in, I carefully pushed the door open and shut it after I walked in.

I turned in the living room and no one was there.

"Oh thank goodness." I released a breathe I had no idea I was holding in. Somehow, I was glad no one was around, gives me time to collect my thoughts and know exactly what to tell them.

"The last thing I need is everyone hounding me." I whispered to myself.

A voice chuckled, "No one will hound you."

I froze, too scared to turn back and look him in the face. How is it possible that he's here and he heard me? I didn't even speak out that loud.

Is this how this mate thing works? Will he always know where i am and what I'm saying and who I'm talking to?

Even though I made no move to face him, I could feel him coming closer behind me.

"I promise that no one will hound you." His sweet yet manly voice rang in my ears. Why does he have to sound so charming? It'd be so much easier to crush his heart if he were mean and controlling.