•20•

This is a reason why I never go on field trips in school. Or trips in general.

I groaned to myself for the umpteenth time since we left the motel. I had my hand flat on my face and my body placed sloppily against the door. I had one leg on the full length of the back seat and the other on the floor.

I was beyond bored and seating in the same spot for more than 4 hours doesn't help.

I would cry but then I'd just look like a four year old throwing a tantrum after being told to go to school.

"How much longer?" I said dragging out the last part with a groan.

"You've asked that 15 times since we've been on the road." Kyle complained.

"Well excuse me for being so bored out of my mind. I can't take it anymore" I whined, sounding like a crying little girl.

"Alva's right. How much longer?" Claire asked, her voice low, slow and everything that describes an utterly bored and sleep deprived person.

"It's alright baby. Just about an hour more." Kyle soothed, rubbing her thigh with his hand.

And I didn't get a comforting reply.

I narrowed my eyes at Kyle but he couldn't see me so it was basically no good.

"Could've told me that too you know."

He scoffed, glancing at me through the rear view mirror and I took the chance to send him my glare. He smirked at me and averted his eyes back to the road.

I sighed depressingly and went back to my station, looking out the window, even though there was barely anything interesting to look at.

I assumed we were getting closer to the pack territory now because all that we passed by were trees and bushes. We were already far from the city and deep in the bayou. But looking out, I found the atmosphere welcoming and felt like I belonged there.

I had grown up around the forest but it felt nothing like now. We were really going to be living surrounded by it. It didn't bother me though. What bothered me was whatever was about to come.

I'm so hindered percent certain that my life would never remain the same from here on out.

"Alva." Kyle's voice brought me out of my reverie and I turned to look at him.

"What is it?"

"We're here."

I pushed off the seat as soon as he said we'd reached. Sitting in the middle of the back seat, I looked around to where would be our new home. Claire was also perked up on her seat and looking around.

The first thing I noticed was how green every where was. I understood werewolves stayed in the bayous but I expected everywhere to be swampy and covered in dried up leaves and a couple of green trees here and there to add a little life to the area. But this was different.

We were still driving through the boarder but I could already spot houses from afar. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't fascinated. In fact, I was ready to explore.

Something caught my eye outside the window and when I looked, I saw two trucks driving next to us with two to four guys standing at the back.

I found it amusing until they cut abruptly in front of us causing us to pull to a sharp stop.

Kyle stepped hard on the breaks causing us all to larch forward.

"What the fuck is wrong with these people?" I cussed, already angry at how we were being treated.