Blurb #14

"Do you love her/him?" "Yes."

~~~

You made your way outside the garden, arms wrapping around yourself as the cold breeze of the night hits your skin. Shawn trailed just behind you with his hands in his pockets, head hanging low to avoid your angry eyes.

"What is wrong with you? Do you think it's okay for you to embarrass my boyfriend like that?" you seethed once you're far enough from prying eyes and ears.

"I wasn't trying to embarrass him," Shawn grumbled, still avoiding your glare at all costs. You scoffed, "Oh really? Talking about the things we used to do together in front of those people and him wasn't at all embarrassing him wasn't it?"

"I don't get why that's such a big deal." He shrugged.

You stared at him in disbelief. "You're my ex Shawn, of course it's a big deal," you pointed out the obvious. He grew silent at that.

Shawn hates it when he's reminded that you're no longer his. He hates being reminded of what he's lost, of how much he's screwed things up. And seeing you with someone else, be happy with someone else, that was a huge slap in the face to remind him that he had everything but took it for granted.

"For once, why can't you just let me be happy?" you pleaded, Shawn's eyes snapping up to finally meet yours.

The sadness in them made his heart ache, knowing that he has once again ruined your night. He always does that, he always ruins your happiness. And it was selfish of him to keep pushing his way back into your life, so naive of him to think that you'll accept him back.

"Do you love him?" Shawn asked, heart pounding against his chest as he awaits for your answer, despite already knowing what it's was going to be.

"Yes."

He nodded solemnly, holding your gaze for a few more seconds before it fell back to the ground with a shaky breath.

"We broke up long ago Shawn. I've finally moved on and it's time you should too."

And with that, you walked away, Shawn watching you leave yet again. And just like the last time, it was nobody's fault but his.

-:-:-:-:-

Like & Vote if you enjoyed and lemme know what you think in the comments! x

Lovelots! x