13.

7th November, 1955

John was standing at the telephone box on the school grounds, waiting for Paul to pick up the phone. He had called the phone in Mimi's room, guessing Paul wouldn't have been able to go downstairs.

He pushed himself off the wall as soon as Paul picked up on the other line.

"H-Hello, who is this?" An unsure voice asked.

"Hello? Paul?"

"John?" He questioned, seeming surprised at the fact John had called him. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine. You took your time picking up, didn't you?" John joked.

"Oh yeah... I was confused."

"At how to pick a phone up?" He tilted his head, even though he knew Paul couldn't see him.

"Yeah..."

"Oh." John now also seemed confused, but moved past it with a shake of his head. "Anyway. So, is it alright if my friends come over today?"

"Of course! I mean it's your house anyway."

"Yeah, I know it is Macca, but I don't wanna make you feel uncomfortable by bringing strangers round."

"I mean, I'd love to meet your friends, John. I'd love to meet new people, I bet their lovely."

"Alright then, I'll tell them. We'll be home at around 3:15 is that okay, Macca?"

"Yes- Yeah that's fine."

"Okay then, see you."

"Bye." John hung up the phone, incredibly happy that Paul didn't mind.

He made his way back to the lunch hall where his friends were eating, a wide smile on his face.

"Hey, John!" Stuart called over.

John made his way over to their table, taking a seat next to Stuart and across from George (who was sat next to Ringo.)

"Shotten not 'ere?"

"Nah, he's fuckin' sulking." Ringo snickered.

"Anyway, Johnny, did you think about it?" George asked, eyes wide.

"Yeah I did." He looked down, shrugging.

"Well... What do you think? Yes or no?"

"Hmm... Go on then." He smiled.

"Yes! Yes yes!"

"But, hold your horses, Geo." John interrupted his hyperness. "It's not just gonna be us there."

"What? Who else is there?" Asked Stuart, eyeing John weirdly. "Do you have a new pet or somethin'?"

"As if, Mimi's not gonna get a pet for 'im after that incident with you two and the cats, idiot." Ringo joked.

"That was a mistake!" Stuart defended himself.

"Anyway!" He broke the two's petty banter up. "No, there's one of my friends there."

"Who?" George asked, completely not bothered about Stuart and Ringo's little argument.

"He's called Paul. He was taken into hospital and he had nowhere to go, so Mimi and I decided to let him stay at ours. He was in a bad condition, too."

"Wait, how bad of a condition?" Ringo asked, concerned.

"Is it that boy that was found on the field?" George asked, and John's gaze immediately fell upon him.