1.

1st November, ???

Paul didn't know how long he'd blacked out for, but at this point, most of all he could hear was ringing. However, at times his ears caught the sounds of voices.

"Mimi-"

There was a break, where the ringing returned.

"-'im up boys."

Another break.

"3... 2... 1... lift."

Pain shot though Paul's body at an extreme rate, but he couldn't scream, he couldn't move anything. He supposed people were moving him, but the ringing just grew louder and louder in his ears.

The combination of ringing and the pain rushing through his body was too much for Paul to handle, and he felt himself fall out of consciousness once again.

-

"...Darlin'? Oh, love, are you okay?" A soft female voice spoke.

Paul could hear her, but he couldn't open his eyes, and he definitely couldn't move his body.

"Mmmf..."

"Alright..." The woman soothed. He shuddered when he felt something cold on his arm. "Relax, love, it's just water."

The feeling ran up and down both of his arms, Paul whimpering in pain every so often at the touch.

"John, go and get me some towels."

John?

"D-Da'..." Paul managed to mumble out.

"What was that, love?"

"Da'... Mike?" He barely whispered.

"Your father?"

"Mhm."

"No darlin', he's not here, we found you on our own..." Paul didn't respond. "Do you think you could try and open your eyes for me?"

"M-Mhm..."

He tried, hard, feeling nervous at the fact he had no idea where he was. The sooner he opened his eyes, the sooner everything would make sense. After a few seconds, his eyelids fluttered open.

"There we go." He could see the nurse smile.

She was wearing a white nurses outfit and a white hat that had a Red Cross on. She had short brown hair, and kind of reminded him of his mother, but more... Old fashioned.

His mother...

"W-Was my ma'...?" He asked, keeping his voice low.

He had a feeling something bad had happened, he just couldn't remember what.

"No... Your mother wasn't there." She sighed, as if she was sad for him. "Do you think you could tell us your name, sweetie?"

"Paul."

"Paul. That's a nice name." The woman smiled. "My name is Mimi, I'm your nurse for the time you're in here, yeah?"

"W-Where?"

"Liverpool general hospital."

Thats where my ma' was...