inarizaki investigation team!

Back in the Inarizaki High School gym, the boys volleyball practice is wrapping up...

"Hey guys remember when Manager-Chan was always on her phone, what was with that?" Some fool of a first year pipped up, trying to lighten the tension that has been looming all weekend. Not having Mayumi around seemed to lessen everyone's moods.

"Ah- why did you bring that up..." Suna didn't want to relive that day, it was a headache just thinking what the twins put him through. Let alone the main idiot of that day - Shimizu Mayumi.

But the mushrooms were already growing around the dark aura surrounding Atsumu, the grey haired twin not far behind with his crestfallen face. Even the captain had halted his movements when picking up the balls for the night.

Approximately one month ago, back in Hyogo...

"She's been on her phone way too much, that Mayu-baka!" Atsumu knew better than to talk about their manager so poorly, when she can clearly hear him. If he had to endure another one of her attacks, then so be it. He just wanted her to look at him, just once. she had been on her phone all day long. In class, all through lunch, and now during most of practice - her attention kept being directed to the mobile device, it's notification tones becoming a bane in his existence.

"Maybe it's something important, you pig, like her cousin." Osamu refused to mope around like his twin. The only way he was making it through the day was believing it was something important, something like family matters and not what their worst thoughts were trying to draw conclusions to.

Is she seeing someone?

The two of them whipped around, turning their heads away from watching Mayumi and instead glared daggers into the gossip of their school. The only one who would know the truth behind Mayumi's recent attachment to her phone.

Suna Rintaro.

Even if Mayumi had been glued to her phone all day, it was nothing compared to Suna, whose key personality trait was his phone.

"Hey Suna" The Inarizaki middle blocker hated when they actually worked together off the court. It always seemed to be scheming, and it creeped him out a bit when they managed to speak in perfect unison. Those freaky twins... "Have you noticed anything with Mayu-baka?"

Suna did notice that she wasn't ignoring all of his messages that he sent over, like she usually does.

Typically she'll leave him on read if he sent her a funny picture during lessons, Japanese History was incredibly boring to him because of the teacher's monotone voice and he tended to alleviate said boredom by scrolling endlessly on the internet.

Today was a day that would go down in history. She would actually reply - either by sending funny emoticons back and the occasional 'pay attention or I'm telling captain' - which didn't deter him but it was noticeable that he was receiving more replies from her throughout the entire school day so far.

He glanced up finally from his phone, the twins bearing down on him - pleading for any insider information that they assumed he had. Suna looked around the idiot duo and saw their manager, her eyes glued to her phone like it had been all day. It was weird, she's never like this.

Seeing the Miya twins though, so desperate to ease their worries, he just wanted to mess with them while he had the power to do so. They were hitting spikes and tosses a bit too hard in practice earlier, Suna having to tape up his fingers more than usual.