let's go to Tokyo!

Saturday couldn't come soon enough for Bokuto.

Once he heard the news that Inarizaki won their Interhigh prelims, and were going to nationals as the Hyogo representatives, he wouldn't stop talking about it to his teammates.

They all knew his infatuation with the little fox manager, Mayumi even grew on Akaashi and he was no longer wary of her from the numerous times he spoke with her through Bokuto's calls. If anything, she seemed incredibly patient - not everyone could put up with their captain, so she earned his respect simply with just that.

Akaashi had even messaged the manager a few times himself, it was nice for a change and he had someone else to dump his Bokuto stories on now. Konoha was getting tired of seeing it first-hand and then hearing about it again from the setter.

Bokuto was insistent on bringing the whole team along to greet the foxes at the train station, masking it as being a friend and guiding them through the city - when in reality he wanted to see Mayumi and Mayumi only.

-------------

"Tch" Mayumi clicked her tongue loud enough for Suna to spare a glance away from his phone and over to hers, where an onslaught of messages were pouring in from Bokuto.

Suna noted that her face betrayed her words, a slight pink hue covered her cheeks. She must've had a thing for guys with two-toned hair.

'Such a tsundere, how could she deny it...'

Mayumi replied back to Bokuto - reassuring that the team has, in fact, been to Tokyo before and wouldn't get lost to their hotel. More importantly in her message, she emphasized that there was no need for the entire Fukurodani volleyball team to greet them at the station, they would see each other at the tournament anyways.

She should've known that her messages fell on deaf ears

-------------

He made them a sign.

A giant "WELCOME MAYUMI (and Inarizaki)" sign.

Right next to his bouncing figure was Akaashi, head held high as if this happens all the time. How much are they around each other that he became so immune?

Atsumu didn't take well to the welcoming party, he wasn't a big Bokuto fan from the beginning and this display of blatant affection - for HIS manager - was a bit too much after their long day of travel. Osamu could only pat his back, silently communicating that he felt the same as his twin.

Shinsuke, well... was doing his best.

He was the first to notice the giant sign as they pulled into the station, and was quick to shove his jacket to Mayumi. When they departed off the train and towards the awaiting owls, he stood in front of her the entire time so that Bokuto wasn't able to see her. He kept up his usual robotic stare, even when he felt mayumi grip the back of his shirt, so that she wouldn't trip behind him. 

His façade broke for a second under her soft touch, enough for Bokuto to peek around during his search for Mayumi and discovered her in Shinsuke's jacket, face beet red.