ramen shop and jump buddies

Her tears dried up quickly, not wanting to worry her new and old friends. In the beginning she said she didn't know who she wanted to win the match between Karasuno or Seijoh, and now she wishes that they both could win. She felt, for the first time, how bittersweet volleyball was at the end of the day.

'Tenma-nii, you didn't mention how much my heart would hurt.'

The final thank you was given to the crowd, Mayumi keeping close to Iwaizumi as they exited out of the gym, unsure of what to say to Oikawa. What could she possibly say that would make it better?

There, the team was confronted by a schoolmate, crying more than she had been earlier.

"You were the winners!" The boy managed to grab a hold of Iwa-chan and feverishly rubbed his head, in an effort to expel his feelings onto the wing spiker.

Ouch

"Man looking at Yadacchi makes me feel calm."

----------------

He held her hand the entire time since Yadacchi had grabbed onto Iwa-chan, finding comfort in her silence. Although at this point, it was becoming unnerving.

Mayumi kept quiet during the dinner that Coach Irihata got them, and did not utter a single noise of protest when he dragged her and the team into a ramen shop. Sure, it was what Iwa-chan and the others were teasing him during the match to buy if he messed up his sets and serves, but he didn't want to go home just yet.

Oikawa didn't want to leave his team.

It's like, she was physically there - that much was for sure, he had been able to hold her hand this entire time and pull her along into any store that they passed by. But ever since they left the Sendai Gym, she seemed hollow.

Yadacchi had taken the only empty seat that was available next to Oikawa, the other had already been claimed by Hanamaki, so it was the first time since they left the gym that he wasn't next to her. She was calmly eating away at the ramen bowl ordered by Iwa-chan, who sat next to her with Kindachi.

"Uncle, can I get some more noodles!"

"Are you serious? Coach just treated us earlier too!"

His mouth was full so he only yelled incoherent words back at Hanamaki, acting like the adult he was becoming.

----------------

"Shit! Shit!"

52... 53...

"That's your 53rd 'Shit' of the day." it was good to know that she wasn't the only one keeping count of Oikawa's outbursts, although it had always been Iwa-chan's job.

Mayumi turned around, the rest of the Seijoh third-years continued walking ahead of her, and she bowed once more to the underclassmen, wishing them safe travels home. Once she was done, she jogged her way back between Iwa-chan and Oikawa, when she heard the wise words come from Kindaichi about the third-years spirits.