sign of the times

Training resumed as soon as they got back to Hyogo, acknowledging their faults in Interhigh, and using this time to fix it. There was no point in focusing on the memories of previous matches, they had to work towards what needed to be addressed now, so that they could win more and more in the future,

There wasn't much discussion about Spring high, it was still months away, and none of the third-years were leaving the team. It was business as usual as far as the Inarizaki boy's volleyball team was concerned.

Mayumi's day-to-day activities resumed as normal too, keeping up with classes was a breeze without the looming threat of Interhigh now. 

Thankfully she didn't get a long lecture from Shinsuke, only the usual, "Do things right the first time so you don't have to worry," kind of advice he gave her. He was always about being proper in all the things he does, and it was starting to rub off on Mayumi as well.

-------------

The final bell rang throughout the school, students quick to run out the door to attend their respective clubs or cram schools. Atsumu and Osamu had left before Mayumi, both of them wanting to talk to the coaches about possible attacks they could work on, and Suna waited outside of the classroom in the hallway for their manager.

It took a moment or two for Mayumi to get situated and ready for club, she had dozed off in the last half hour of class.

She got her school bag packed up when footsteps approaching her desk caught her attention. Suna said he was waiting outside for her?

"Suna why did you come back in the-"

"Oh so you got Suna under your spell now, Shimizu?"

Huh?

There was a group of three girls crowding around Mayumi, almost cornering her closer to the window that her desk rested against. She recalled seeing the girls as part of the Inarizaki cheering squad that attends the volleyball games, but they weren't in her class so she didn't know their names. Only that they usually held their hand-made Miya signs during matches.

"I'm sorry, can I help you with anything?" Not that she would actually do anything for them, just her polite way of saying, 'Get out of my face sooner rather than later.'

"Stay away from Atsumu-sama and Osamu-sama, they are ours!"

Atsumu and Osamu -what

Mayumi had to turn her head away and look towards the window, in an lousy attempt to hide her laughter. Sure the twins were attractive, but the -sama? A bit too much, they could go much farther without placing them on a pedestal. They are just high school students, this is the 21st century right?

Although she could do without this confrontation, it was a relief in a way. It brought to light who the culprits of her recent harassment had been - why her indoor shoes had been dumped in the trash can, covered in dirt, and thrown in the school fountain on all different occasions. She had been tripped a few times when walking with her three players that were in her class.