an alien

In some odd way, the three of them had shown up to the gymnasium to watch the final match. It was never mentioned last night - not over ramen, not over their rom-com marathon he demanded that they watch, not even a hint or a note from this morning. 

Although, this morning put him in a state of panic far greater than any game had before.

That morning Mayumi was nowhere to be found. If something happened, her grandmother would run all the way to Miyagi just to beat him up. 

There was one thing that Oikawa Tooru would be afraid of -  the rage of a Shimizu.

In hindsight, he should have guessed his sister was more than capable of stealing Mayumi away while Iwa-chan and him were passed out in the early hours. It had been a while since the last time his elder sister was able to play dress up with Mayumi. Taking a glance over at her current outfit, and seeing the her hair slightly curled at the ends, even though Mayumi had thrown it up in a ponytail - he knew his sister went all out to torture him.

It wasn't painfully obvious, but his sister knew the truth even when Oikawa failed to see it himself initially. 

Mayumi was too cute for her own good. 

And by this point, he was far too deep in, for his own good.

The worst part - she was due to take the last train back to Hyogo this evening. 

Then what was to become of them? 

Of the possible us?

"Mayu-chan, can you come with me to get some refreshments?" he spoke before he had a chance to think it over.

"Sure, Iwa-chan do you want-"

"I asked Iwa-chan earlier, he doesn't want any snacks, right?" 'Please take the hint, hit me later, just anything but call me out'

The slight eyebrow raise sent his heart racing, but the wing spiker got the mental memo his best friend was trying to send. "Yeah, I'm good, go on ahead." With the send-off, he turned his attention back to the game.

One more time, but surely not the last, Oikawa swore his heart stopped once he saw he had Mayumi's full attention.

"Alrighty, let's go together."

-----------------------

Was it bad to tell a little lie and lead an unsuspecting Mayumi away from the actual snack vendor? 

Probably.

Will she get mad if she doesn't get any snacks soon? 

Most definitely.

Is it worth the possibility of her never talking to him again after what he has to say ---