dropkick of truth

The three bullies stopped without much resistance - after seeing Mayumi constantly around Suna and the twins, they were quick to give up their schemes of becoming the volleyball club's manager and replace the Little Fox.

It was the explanations Mayumi had to give the team that she was dreading.

They didn't know anything about the situation - she wanted to keep it that way. Yet, it was better for the truth to come from her mouth than Suna's.

Maybe it would have helped her nerves if Osamu wasn't busy yelling and assaulting his brother.

Atsumu had to open his big mouth and claim he never makes mistakes during practice. Whether it was in reference to Mayumi and Suna showing up late - or backhandedly insulting Osamu's serves during practice - he was stirring the pot for trouble.

It started with the usual, "Screw you, you foul mouthed shit pig." accompanied with a swift kick that sent the setter to the ground. He should've known by now that the last person who wants to hear his egotistical trirands is his own twin.

"I'm just calling it how I see it - what exactly did I say that was WRONG?!" Atsumu yelled back, which only added fuel to the fire that raged on.

"I don't wanna hear that from someone with the personality of SEWAGE WATER!"

It was beginning to draw in unwanted attention from the students passing by outside, their 'precious twins' sure knew how to put on a show.

"Where the heck is Kita at?" it was some passerby that grabbed the attention of Mayumi - and she didn't know where the captain had gone. He was usually next to her for most of the practice when not doing drills, but he was absent from this practice once Suna and her got changed.

"He's still in the staff room" Ojiro replied to the student, blocking their view from the spectacle that was underway. It was difficult to force students out of the gym - especially with such a large number crowding around and wanting to see the action.

"Hey hey hey, they do this every other day - this is practice, not a zoo - there's nothing to see." She started her reasoning off kind and lighthearted, but ended it cold and with a steady glare to those still wanting to see the fight. With the manager's cold words and death stare, accompanied by Ojiro's sheer brute force - they were able to send outsiders away and close off the gym doors.

"Those idiots seem to only attract idiots." Mayumi pinched the bridge of her nose, feeling a headache coming on.

"If that's true, then why do you stick around them?"

"Don't make me send you outside too, Ojiro-san."

-------------

With a few hits from Mayumi, the twins settled down. She had to be the barrier between them so that they wouldn't be at each other's necks again. 

The two of them always reminded her of the bickering between her upperclassmen back in Miyagi. Only it was more one-sided there, Oikawa-senpai never really could retaliate against the strong and mighty Iwa-chan.