lover boy

Mayumi was lucky this time, Fukurodani had not just one, but two managers, so Osamu and her did not have to stay up making double the amount of onigiri. It was a hassle sometimes to go through and shape every single one, boys seemed to have a never ending appetite.

However, working alongside Osamu was peaceful in a way. He only had a few snide remarks here and there to his twin, so he was able to keep quiet or joke around with her whenever Atsumu would walk away and go back to his current obsession - Animal Crossing. She also knew that the insults they would throw at each other were out of brotherly love, just typical sibling behavior, and she giggled to herself when it was just the three of them at home like this.

Sure they could be extra at practice and in front of others, but it was all a show sometimes. Just sometimes though, Atsumu could be a bit too much to deal with during practice and matches, even Mayumi would have to join in with Osamu and Suna to bring him down a notch or two.

Insults made for better friendships.

---------------------

Atsumu took the longest to get ready, tumbling down the stairs from his room while Osamu and her were busy packing everything up in order to set up early. She would have to get the gym ready for the teams, and she wouldn't be able to put up the net without a bit of help (aka Osamu since he was nicer to wake up in the morning). They thanked her profusely for making granola bars, they would have been starving until onigiri time without her. It became quiet very quickly on their journey to school as the two brothers ate their breakfast to-go, and Mayumi relished in the tranquility.

The three of them were the first to arrive, with the upperclassmen and their fellow 2nd years coming into the gym shortly after. Everyone on the starting line up wanted to get more time to warm up - most likely due to what they heard about the energetic ace they will be facing. Not much was known about the team aside from the ace. Fukurodani, like Inarizaki, has gone to Nationals in recent years - the previous due to the power of their ace. Mayumi herself was excited in her own way, ready to see the famed owl-head in person, rather than just snippets of interviews and replays of their matches.

Mayumi was wrapped up in Shinsuke-senpai's jacket, supplying her with much needed warmth as she wore her white shirt and and black workout-short combo. The walk to school had a unexpected chill in the air, she wasn't ready for the cold nights that were steadily approaching. Her and Shinsuke-senpai greeted each other, Mayumi giving him a blinding smile. She asked how is grandmother is doing since she did not walk home with him last night and say hello to her.

His heart always seemed to warm at her words, his grandmother was making bets on when their wedding would be. Shinsuke-senpai made sure to let her know their was no rush in giving back his jacket - that whatever was his is also hers.

The team had gone for their warm up jog, not expecting the opposing team to be arriving for another hour or so, and Mayumi took the time to fill up their water bottles, as well as extras for the Fukurodani players. It would be a bit cruel in her eyes to put their managers to work right away, especially in an unfamiliar school campus.

And while she was concerned for the other manager, she didn't even think about carrying back two sets of water bottles. She could barely bring back one carrier, let alone two. Mayumi was ready to leave one carrier and transport them one at a time, until someone picked them up in front of her. She went to glance up to thank her savior when she scarred by his sudden, and loud, booming voice.

"These go to the gym!" Was that supposed to be a question, or was his talking voice always at a yell?

He was in a white tracksuit, with black trimming down the side. She knew he must have been from Fukurodani, yet looking at his face - she smirked inwardly, he sure represented his school well with his appearance.