getting to know the new you

'Simplicity and Fortitude'  huh?

The yellow and black banner of Johzenji High School stared back at Mayumi from her position in the spectator stands, and loomed over its own players.

It was the furthest thing from the truth... 

These were probably the loudest and flashiest players she has seen all day, and that's saying a lot coming from Mayumi who has been dealing with the Iwa-Oikawa duo. The two had mentioned the team, Seijoh had apparently defeated them in this year's Interhigh during the semifinals. They had to be somewhat good in order to make it that far, right? While she was able to acknowledge their accomplishment in the last tournament - she also has yet to see an actual formation, and they had started the second set of the match.

They were something else, that's for sure. Shinsuke would probably have a headache formed by just now watching them from the sidelines, knowing Atsumu would be drawn in and try to be just as flashy as the Johzenji boys out of spite. Suna... well it would provide good content. This was definitely a change from the country boys that the Inarizaki team had in mind when it came to Miyagi.

Maybe referring to them as 'party boys' would be a better fit.

Mayumi raked her eyes across the Johzenji bench, audibly sighing and worrying the onlookers around her.

They had two managers!

There was a subsequent karate chop on her head, stopping the pity party that she held for herself.

"Mayu-chan! How could you leave us behind?!" It was very easy for Mayumi to get lost in the sea of Oikawa fan-girls.

The players from Aobajohsai were done for the day, winning all their matches with ease. Tomorrow was the semi-finals, ending with the final match to determine the Miyagi representative. Overall their first day was successful, their morale was up too with the addition of a manager helping them out. Bonus - she wasn't an Oikawa fan-girl.

"Did you guys play Karasuno before?" 

She wanted to know everything about the school. All the players, their records, stats, everything and anything. Mayumi felt like there were miles apart between her and her cousin, she had no idea that it was Kiyoko's team. 

And Tobio-chan? 

Could she even be considered as his senpai anymore, much less a friend?

"We beat them at Interhigh a few months ago." Iwaizumi answered her question, unsure if she was wanting to pry more. He saw her face when she took notice of the setter for Karasuno. Their kohai in junior high. How her face fell, almost as if she didn't believe their stories about his final year at Kitagawa Daiichi, where he became a ruler on the court.