godzilla

Iwaizumi Hajime didn't bother to guess what was taking his two idiots to come back with food during the match. It was noticeable to everyone, except for her apparently, how they both felt.

Trashykawa being Trashykawa, well... it was a surprise actually to see him move first and take the chance while there was still a glimmer of it. All is fair in love and war, right? He couldn't blame his best friend at the end of the day, if he was a tad faster he might have swept her off her feet to the snack stand himself.

But if all is fair, why did it still hurt?

It didn't sting this bad when she moved away, knowing all it took was just a phone call or message to reach her and hear her.

It didn't sting all those times she would mention the new team she manages in Hyogo, he was there on the other end of video chat supporting her and offering advice on how to get along with those clashing personalities that she would be facing.

So why

Just why

When she is so close, Mayumi seems further out of reach if Oikawa can charm her.

That's just what he does, right? He always is able to draw attention from girls everywhere they go, and Mayumi wouldn't be an exception.

As time ticked by slowly, Iwaizumi's thoughts were racing. His shoulders were tense and his glare was hard at the gym down below but it was directed to no one but himself.

She would be better off without-

"Ah, Iwa-chan! We brought you back some popcorn." Mayumi's voice pulled him from the depths of his self-wallowing, not noticing their arrival until she called out to him.

She made her way to her seat next to him, handing off the popcorn with a closed eye smile that brought him back down to Earth. It was quick, and her attention was back to the war on the gym floor down below still raging on.

Oikawa unceremoniously plopped down in his seat on the other side of Mayumi, taking the other order of popcorn she held - and even from his spot, Iwaziumi had to stifle a laugh seeing the faith red handprint mark that was on the setter's face.

'Pfft, she's still got a temper'

-----------------------

At this point during the match, Mayumi could barely focus on what was occurring given the mini battle going on between her two upperclassmen between her. They weren't saying anything, and that had the tension in the air heavier with each serve she saw down below.

Oikawa-senpai delayed her in getting her prized churro that she was aiming for, and ended up settling for popcorn instead. It wasn't really settling, it was still great. But Mayumi wanted to be petty, even in her own thoughts for a moment or two after the discussion Oikawa-senpai and her had.