the results

'Operation: Lover Boy begins.'

Kita isn't fond of plans that directly involve Mayumi, namely whenever she resorts to flirting with the opposing team in order to manipulate them. She can be the brain of the team if she wanted to, and there was no need for her to involve herself with other players. Especially flirty ones like Bokuto.

The two next to each other. It was just before the set point, and they discussed what needs to be done. If they get too ahead in points within the next set - Suna will most likely start slacking off, so either one of them has to keep an eye on him. Ginjima can be too rash in his decisions - he's already shown some mistakes in his playmaking during the first set, but they were simple factors. On the court, the twins are the polar opposite, and need to be handled differently.

Fukurodani took the first set, Inarizaki only trailed behind them a few points resulting in 25-20. Akaashi was wondering if this team was rightly hyped up as they were supposed to be, or if they got to nationals by luck before? There has to be something else. 

Bokuto was on fire, and it was all thanks to the Inarizaki manager. Her eyes never left him and every time he looked over at him, she would give him a smile. He would do anything at this point to show off in front of her - she has to know what a great ace he is! Even if they would somehow manage to lose the match, he would ask her out and get her number. She was so nice and cute - what's not to like? Kaori mentioned that the managers may go to a cafe in town before they head back home, maybe he could tag along and get to know Mayumi-chan some more.

At the Inarizaki bench, Mayumi sneezed as a chill ran down her spine. She shook it off and took charge of leading the boys. During the first set she was finally able to see Fukurodani and their playing style in real life. Bokuto seemed to rely on his setter more than anyone else, and was feeding into her praises from the sideline. He got more and more excited with every smile and wave she sent his wave. All she needed to do now was to find a way to start blocking his cross-spikes.

"Suna, keep an eye on #4 - you know he likes to go for the cross-spikes,so you have to be able to move accordingly." Mayumi made her commands down the line, "Atsumu we are starting you in the back, Osamu you'll be a spot in front of him in the rotation. Don't get slacking, I need you to be quick, both of you. Gin, do not rush to your decisions - I know you want to make a difference but you have to think also." The main problem children understood their marching orders. 

"Ojiro-senpai, I will be initially starting you but once you go to serve, then we will swap you out with Shinsuke-senpai. Shinsuke-senpai ... "

"Do your best."

Akaashi took a glance over to the Inarizaki bench during the break. He knows their manager has been Bokuto's main source of his energy for the game today, Kaori and him won't have to pull out the "there's a girl in the stands who likes you" card. Bokuto wouldn't be interested in any other girl, not with his sights set so seriously on her.

---------------------

Mayumi was starting to feel bad. That Bokuto-san seemed like a nice boy, and maybe after the game she'll buy him a sweet treat. But the second set began and her players were listening to her marching orders; they had been blocking and receiving a majority of Bokuto's cross-spikes, still with no sign of his rumored mood-swings. She wondered if they even existed at this point.