"You don't have to tell me now. I can see that it's affecting you, but just know that everything happens as it is meant to."

I tried to remind myself of that. I didn't allow the tears to fall, blinking quickly as not to encourage them.

Really,  hadn't expected her to respond in that way but I was happy she'd taken the hint.

She hugged me into her chest briefly before running her fingers through my hair in attempt to comfort me.

"Your hair has gotten longer. I've been away too long I see." I held her tighter at the thought of our separation.

"Now, tell me about the new guy. Or is it a rebound thing?"  I grinned at her playfulness as she released me to look into my eyes.

"No, mother. He's my boyfriend."

She'd given me a face as if to want more of the details. I shook off the hick-up of our previous conversation as we entered the new.

"Mm hmm, and where is he now?" She smiled to me menacingly.

I laughed in reply, and in that moment I'd realized how much I'd been missing her.

"He's home now but we're meeting later."

She looked down at her lap as if to question me silently.

"Mum, you can't meet him yet. It's too soon and I don't want to jinx it, okay."

Her eyes were brown as were mine and it was chilling to meet hers after so long.

"I'll bring him along next holiday." I said to make her feel better.

She smiled to me in approval. She was my mom, and she knew I was a relationship kind of girl.

"Great. I'll be sure to make my special pie recipe." She embraced me again, hands roaming back up to caress my scalp. I'd missed her.

~

"Your mom stopped by and you didn't tell me?" Harry frowned.

I smiled as I looked over at him. I wished he'd smile back to reveal his gorgeous dimples to me.

"She wasn't here long, Harry." I'd accompanied him at the kitchen table as he spooned the pasta onto my plate he'd just prepared.

His features changed with my words, and he hadn't responded. I watched as he spill the rest of the contents of the pan onto his own plate, as I read his mood.

He sat the plate in front of me as he lay the pan back on the stove, turning it off. I watched as he placed himself across from me, reaching me a fork in the process.

"You okay, Harry? Did I do something wrong?"

He stayed quiet for a moment before continuing. I felt a vibe that was sure unpleasant.

"I'm fine." His cool green eyes met mine briefly before they look back down on the plate in front of him.

I wasn't at all convinced. The smell of the food invaded my senses and I knew then that there was no way I'd ever try to compete with him.

I'd gotten up from my seat to move closer to him. I stood beside him, placing my head between his neck and shoulder.

His skin was smooth and warm. I needed him to communicate with me, just as he wanted me to do for him. I watched as he put his fork down against the plate, closing his eyes and breathing deeply. He spoke slow and calmly.

"You don't want me to meet her?" His voice held depth as always, his tone told me he was really hurt by it. I squeezed my eyes shut at the thought.

"Harry." I took his fingers between mine, trailing kisses from his rosy cheeks toward his lips. I kiss gently and warmly, brushing our noses in habit.

My arms fell around his neck as I urged him to face me, his arms lie around me waist as I stood. He was still slightly taller though he sat and I looked up at him seriously.

"Of course I want you to meet her. It's not like that, I swear. I just didn't want to freak you out or complicate things. I didn't want it to be too soon." I was babbling now.

He played with the ends of my hair gently, and I noticed it'd been becoming a habit of his. He smiled at my lengthy explanation.

But I needed him to know that was the last thing I wanted him to feel. If I'd known it meant that much to him I would have invited him along with her.

"Seriously Harry. Don't think like that. You know you mean a lot to me, right?"

He looked down at me, comfortingly. His dimples attempting to level out my now chaotic mood.

"I know. I just thought that maybe you didn't want me to meet her. You know with the whole Scott thing." Hearing his name come from Harry's smooth lips was so alien.

I cringed at the sound, shaking my head violently.

"No. That's done. That's so done."

His eyelashes lay beautifully against his cheeks and I silently praised them.

I mustered a playful smile as his large hands held me tighter.

"She said she's going to making you her special pie next holiday. That should be interesting."

He buried his face in my neck inhaling briefly before pulling back.

"You smell amazing." He said with a smile.

There was a exchange of giggles between us before I'd left his touch, resuming back to my plate.

I stuck a generous amount of macaroni my fork before taking it between my teeth.

He'd definitely be doing all the cooking, so long as he didn't mind.

"Oh my gosh, this is amazing. Thank you." I said with my mouth slightly full.

His dimples blessed me with another appearance, as I took them in from across the table.

"Your welcome babe. Oh yeah, I don't have to work tomorrow, so we're going somewhere, okay." He told me.

I continued my food as my brain processed. "May I ask where?"

"Nope. It's a surprise."

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~
      I am exhausted...

     Thanks for reading. Xx.
-Shan =)