Epilogue

Unknown POV

Two more doors and one more security camera to pass before I was free. Dressed in a security guard uniform, I was able to sneak past other guards as they tried to find me. The alarm was still blaring throughout the hallways of the prison. I peered my head around the corner.

No guards in sight.

I was almost out.

I reached into my pocket, pulling out a security keycard I had stolen a few days ago.

Keeping my head down to avoid being detected on the camera, I casually strolled to the side exit door. I leaned against it and slid the key car through. I heard it unlock and pushed the door open, slipping through.

The air was cool, the sun was setting on the horizon. I walked down the long-gated bridge, walking normal pace. I titled my head up, seeing a security guard sitting next to the side gate exit.

He was the last guard to fool.

"Have a good evening, sir." The guard smiled as I approached the gate.

"You too." I spoke in a deep husky voice. I stopped in front of the door and used the keycard. It beeped twice detecting an error. I could feel the guard's eyes on me as I tried again, but the same thing happened.

Shit.

My eyes peered toward the guard. He was carefully walking toward me, his hand slowly reaching back towards his gun.

"Everything okay?"

I let out a little chuckle, fiddling with the keycard. "Everything's just fine." A devilish smirk appeared on my face before I spun around. He screamed as the sharp edge of the keycard cut deep across his throat.

Blood drew instantly.

He put his hand back to his neck, gasping. I grin and elbowed him, hard in the face. He fell backwards, smacking his head on the concrete cement.

Blood drew from the back of his head as well as his neck as I hovered over him, taking the security cap off my head. I tossed the cap to the side and reached down. I grabbed his gun and shoveled it into my back pocket before searching for his gate keycard along with his car keys.

"Yes." I whispered holding up them in one hand. I smiled at myself, then pushed myself off the lifeless body. I smiled down at the keycard, walking over to the exit door.

"Nick Hunt! Stop right there!" A deep voice shouted. I looked up and saw security guards running through the doors with tasers.

"Love to stay and chat guys!" I shouted back, swiping the keycard. The gate door unlocked, and I slipped through, closing it behind me. "But I have a daughter to go see!" With that, I took off running into the nearby woods.

My sweet Ariel.

I'm coming for you...