Chapter Thirty-Two (Part 2)

As soon as they arrested my dad, I came clean and told the cops everything. From the incident that happened tonight to the rape that began it all, and everything between.

Honestly, it felt so good to finally tell someone. It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

For the first time in two years, I no longer felt trapped.

I could finally breathe again.

"We will need to speak to your brother to get a statement," One of the officers told me once I was finished, "But with tonight's attempted rape, I assure you: Jason Reed is going away for a long time."  I could help but smile, then nodded at the officer, "Is there anyone you can stay with until we get in contact with a relative?" He asked.

"She can stay with me." Kian offered. My eyes glanced up at him.

"Um-yeah," I replied, turning back to the officer, "And my brother has a girlfriend he can stay with for a couple days." The officer nodded, then turned walked toward the other officer as I turned to Kian, whispering, "Kian I don't think it's a good idea for me to stay with you." He looked at me in surprised.

"Why?" He asked. I darted my eyes away from him, not saying something as I bit my lip bottom, "Are you worried about the guys finding out about us?" He questioned. My eyes flickered up at him and I nodded after a moment. He huffed and smiled at me, "Ariel, Connor and Ricky already know about us."

"Yeah," I agreed, then sighed, "Look I promise we'll tell them, but not now. Let me get back to a somewhat normal life first. Let things settle down, and then we'll tell them." I told him.

"Okay. We'll wait a few weeks." He agreed. I smiled thanking him, "But you still need someone to stay with while they get in touch with one of your relatives." He reminded me.

"I'll stay with Julia for a couple days." I answered shrugging. He looked at me with sorrow eyes disappointment, "Don't worry I'll stay be able to see you." We both chuckled as Kian smiled at me.

"I know. I-" 

"Ariel!" A familiar voice called out. We turned and saw my brother slamming Bella's car door as he stared at me with worried eyes. I sighed smiling, relieved to see him. He ran as fast as he could over and gave me a huge hug squeezing me so tight, "Are you okay?" He asked frantically, "What happened?" Kian and I glanced at each over, then told Adam everything that happened tonight, including me telling the cop about Jason's abuse over the last two years. I also admitted to Adam what Jason did to me the day after our mom died.

"You need to give a statement to the police about the abuse," I said finishing, "But It's over." He just kept staring at me.

"Ariel, I'm- I'm so sorry." He finally spoke, "If I had known-"

"That's the point." I said cutting him off, "I didn't want you to know."

He looked at me for a moment, "But are you okay?"

"Now that I've told people, yes." I answered, then smiled at my brother, "I'll be okay." Adam smiled back at me, then shifted his eyes over to Kian standing next to me.

"Thank you, Kian." He said, "For being there for Ariel." Kian nodded to Adam, "So, what we do now?" He asked turning his attention back on me.

"Well, they're gonna get in touch with one of relative. Until then, I need to stay with a friend for a couple days." I explained, "I'm gonna talk to Julia and see if I could stay with her." He nodded, "And you have Bella to stay with." I finished.

"Actually Kian." He said turning to my boyfriend, 'Could I stay with you?" He asked. Kian shrugged nodding his head yes.

"Are you and Bella okay?" I asked, my eyes narrowing at him. His eyes looked over at me and he nodded.

"Yeah, yeah. We're fine. Her, her mom doesn't like me stay there overnight." He explained. I stared at him for a moment considered, "I'm- I'm gonna go talk to the cops." He said, quickly walking

past us.

"Well, I'm gonna call Julia." I told Kian as I took out my phone, "I'll- I'll be over there." I walked over to the curb as I dialed my best friend's number.