Chapter Eight

The final bell rang, signaling the end of the day. I stood up from my lab table, gathered my things, shoving them into my backpack, and walked out of class.

After I went to my locker, I walked toward the main hallway where I was meeting up with Adam. As I walked down the main hallway to the main entrance, I saw Adam and his girlfriend Bella sitting on the stairway, then began walking over to them.

"Hey, Ariel," Bella said, noticing me approaching them.

"Hi, Bella." I replied with a smile, "Haven't seen you in forever." She shrugged off at my comment, then laughed, smiling back at Adam, who was staring at her.

Wow. Okay. I thought.

"You ready to go?" I asked, turning to Adam after an awkward moment of silence. He looked up at me with a blank face like I was speaking another language.

"Um, I'm gonna be home later." He answered. I looked at him confused, "I was gonna go hang out at Bella's house for a little bit." He explained.

"Okay? I'll see you later then?" I questioned. He nodded, saying yes, then I turned around and walked away.

"Guess I'm walking home," I whispered to myself as I came out the front doors of the school. I made my way down the front stairs and headed toward the sidewalk beside the street. It was about a fifteen-minute car ride home from school, which meant about a half an hour walking distance home.

Thanks, Adam.

I was walking for almost five minutes where a grey jeep zoomed past me, then came to a halt a few feet away from me. I stopped dead in my tracks, staring at the jeep, then it reversed back, coming toward me. I turned to see who the driver was. The car stopped right next to me, and I saw Kian sitting in the driver's seat.

"Hey, Ariel." He said, smirking at me.

"Kian." I growled under my breath, staring back at him, "What are you doing?" I asked, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Get In." He replied, "I'll give you a ride home." There was no way I was getting in his car.

"Um, no," I said sarcastically, shaking my head.

"Come on, Ariel." He said with a serious face, "Just let me give you a ride." He added, shrugging.

"No, Kian!" I snapped, then turned and stormed off down the street. A little while later, I came to another road and stepped into the crosswalk. Suddenly out of nowhere, Kian's jeep speed around the corner and stopped right in front of me, almost hitting me.

"Kian!" I screamed, glaring at him, "What the heck! You almost hit me!" I yelled. He just smirked at me with a stupid, idiotic smile, making me cross my arms in front of my chest as I glared at him. He chuckles, glancing down, then flickered his eyes up to me as he smacked his lips together before grinning at me.

"Just let me give you a ride." He said, nodding his head at me, then glanced down the road he just drove down and added, "This isn't a good area to walk down. A lot of crazy people live down this street."

"If I say yes, will you shut up?" I asked. Kian chuckled, smiling at me, then nodded, "Fine, then. Yes, please give me a ride home." I said, making him laugh again. I rolled my eyes, and I walked around his car, getting into the passenger's seat, slamming the door behind me.

"Wow. Take it easy on my baby." Kian said after he heard the stupid door close. I looked over, glaring at him, "She's new." He added.

"Just drive me home," I said, looking directly into his eyes. He looked at me for a second, then put the car in drive and took off down the street.