Chapter Thirty-Five

It was a long drive to the LA airport, but after three hours we finally made it. Kian parked his jeep and the three of us got out. He opened the trunk and grabbed Adam's suitcases. We all grabbed once and headed to the airport check in area.

"Thank you, guys, for bringing me." Adam smiled at Kian and I, "I can't believe I'm actually going to the best film school in New York."

"They're lucky to have you, Adam." I replied patting his shoulder, "I'm gonna miss you." I pulled him into a hug. I didn't know who was squeezing who tighter.

"I'm gonna miss you too, little sis." Adam whispered in my ear.

"I'm a little surprised Bella didn't come with us." I commented as Adam broke our hug. Adam bit his bottom lip, running the back of his neck, "What?" I asked, noticing his change.

"I broke up with Bella." He admitted. My eyes widen in shock. I would have thought she would be the one to break it off, "Besides the long distance, I really need a fresh start. Bella is part of the worse times of my life. I can't move on from the past with her still in my life." Adam explained. I nodded my head understanding.

"Hey," Kian hollered, "Have a safe trip, ma." He smiled fist bumping my brother. He smiled back glancing at me before turning back to Kian.

"Keep looking out for my sister." Adam said. Kian nodded as my brother's eyes shifted over to me, "And you take care of yourself."

"I will," I replied. Adam sighed, taking his bags. We said goodbye and he headed to the line for check in. He looked over his shoulder and waved goodbye, "Bye, Adam." I whispered as Kian and I waved back. We watched until he got through check in and security before we left.

Kian pulled up to the curb at my aunt's house and parked his car as he looked over at me.

"Are you gonna be okay without Adam?" He asked, "I know you guys have never been apart like this before." I sighed, then turned my head at him with a grin on my face.

"I'll be okay," I answered, "Because I have you." I leaned across the car and kissed his lips. We smiled at each other for a moment, before getting out of the car and heading to the house.

"Rachel!" I called out as I opened the front door. I walked inside with Kian behind me as I called out again, "We're back!"

"Ariel!" Rachel exclaimed appearing through the kitchen arch. She was dressed in a long dark purple dress that reached all the way to the floor. Her hair was pulled back into a high bun with her bangs swapped to the side.

"You look gorgeous, Mrs. King." Kian commented as we stared in awe. She laughed, glancing down embarrassed.

"Thank you, Kian," She replied, "And feel free to call me Rachel. Mrs. King gets confusing when there's two of us."

"She's right." A high-pitched voice said above us. We looked up and saw my aunt-in-law, Natalie King, coming down the stairs, "Besides Mrs. King sounds too formal." She got to the bottom of the stairs and turned facing the three of us. Like Rachel, she was wearing a stunning dress. Hers was a long navy-blue dress that also flowed down to the floor. Her chocolate brown hair was curled and pulled into a huge messy ponytail.

"Natalie," I spoke staring at her, "Wow."

"What our niece said." Rachel whispered, smiling. She strolled over and kissed her wife. They looked over at Kian and I, "We're going to dinner downtown," She explained, "I made a reservation at one of the top must to go restaurants in Los Angeles."

"Sounds like you guys have a romantic evening planned/" Kian commented, then glanced at me before asking, "Do either of you mind of I stay with Ariel?" My eyes looked up at him as he quickly said, "Only if you want me to."

"Of course, I want you to stay." I replied, then we looked at my aunts for the okay.

"Of course, he can stay." Rachel said, then warned to us, "But no funny business." Kian quickly put his hands up in defense, "Got it?"

"Yes," We spoke at the same time. She smiled at us, then turned her attention to Natalie. She took her wife's hand and headed for the door.

"Don't wait up!" Natalie called out before she closed the door behind them. Kian and I laughed once they were gone. I sighed, turning toward him, intertwining my fingers with his.

"I'm glad they make you happy." Kian whispered his eyes felling down to mine, "You deserve people like them. People who love and care about you."

"Like you." I replied, steeping closer to him, "I wouldn't have this great life with them if it wasn't for you." He smiled at me as I whispered softly.

"I love you, Kian Lawley."

"I love you too... Ariel King." He whispered back. I giggled shaking my head at him, "What? You still want me to call you Ariel Reed after everything?" He questioned.

"I'm not ashamed of my last name." I answered, "Cause its not going be Reed forever."

"You are so much stronger than I thought you were." He said, making me smile at him, "I'm so sorry I ever made you feel like you're worthless." He apologized.

"The past is the past." I replied, "What matters is how you make me feel now. You make me feel safe in every way possible." Kian's lips peered into a smile.

"You are amazing... Ariel Reed." He whispered. I chuckled, rolling my eyes at him.

"Just shut up and kiss me." I smiled as he leaned down and planted a passionate kiss on my lips.