Chapter Twenty-Four

After paying the Uber driver about nineteen dollars, including a tip, I stepped out closing the door behind me and walked towards my house. My dad's car wasn't there and I didn't expect him to be at 4:48 PM.

He usually didn't get home until 7 or 8.

But Adam's car was there. I took a deep breathe as I walked up the front door and slipped inside.

"Adam!" I called closing the front door behind me and looking around, "Adam! You home!" I called, then walked upstairs to put my bag down. Once I did that, I came out of my room and walked over to check his room.

"Adam." I called opening his bedroom door, but he wasn't in there. Just as I closed this door back up, I heard a car pull up and quickly went back into my room to look out the window. I saw Bella's convertible pulled up against the curb and Adam climbing out of it.

Right. He was out going for me.

What am I? A lost puppy?

Once I saw Adam turn and head towards the house, I went downstairs. I was almost on the first floor when Adam came inside. He sighed closing the door behind me, then looked up and saw me.

"Hey." I smiled, but he just glaring at me, his teeth grinding together.

"Where were you been all day?" He asked in a serous tone as if he was just done with the day, "You never came to school." He reminded me.

"I was hanging out with a friend." I admitted glancing down at the floor as I brushed my hair back behind my ear. My eyes flickered up to Adam as he stared at me.

"What friend?" He questioned.

"Just a friend." I repeated, shrugging my shoulders like it was no big deal. He chuckled to himself and shook his head like he couldn't believe what I was saying as if I was telling him ghosts and demons were real.

"What is going on with you?" He asked almost yelling at me, "It's isn't like you to be skipping school and going home very late like last night." He said, then asked in a softer tone, "Is something going on that you're not telling me about?"

"I had a date last night." I finally admitted and I felt like weight lifted off my shoulders. Adam looked at me like he was surprised, "But it didn't go well." I added hoping he would feel sorry and just stop asking questions.

"Well, why didn't you just tell me?" He asked and I sighed rolling my eyes. Did he not hear what I about say?

"First of all, I just told you it didn't go well." I told him, "And second. You're my brother. Talking about boys with my brother is totally weird." I explained. He nodded agreeing, "Especially since you can be over protective sometimes." I added.

"Hey you're my little sister." He replied shrugging. I chuckled shaking my head at him.

Again, not really his little sister since we were born ten minutes apart.

"Listen, I'm sorry about today and I'll talk to my teachers tomorrow to see what I missed." I told him after a couple minutes of silence.

"Okay." He nodded and I smiled at him, then went upstairs to my room to grab something. I ran into my room and immediately grabbed my phone and charger to bring down stairs. My phone was on 19% when the look screen popped on and I saw a text from Kian, sent only a minute ago.

The guys just left. Sorry for rushing you out
the door. I didn't except them to show up
after school.
- Robert

It's okay. At least we
didn't get caught.
- Rose

Yeah. You're right.
- Robert

How did talking with
Adam go?
- Robert

Well he can't ground me.
- Rose

Lol. It went fine. I kind
of told him the truth.
- Rose

What do you mean?
- Robert

I told him I was dating
someone from school
which is the truth. :)
- Rose

"Ariel!" I heard Adam yell from downstairs, "You coming back down?!" He asked.

"Yeah." I yelled back, "I'm coming in a second!"

I gotta go. I'll talk
to you tomorrow.
- Rose

Okay. Goodnight Ariel <3
- Robert

Goodnight Kian
- Rose

I sent the text and then ran downstairs to where Adam was. The rest of the night was pretty peaceful.

Well until our dad got home, but he just went upstairs to his bedroom.

Adam had homework to do for today, so after we ate, he went up to his room to do his homework and I went into my and binge watched Supernatural until I fell asleep.