Chapter Eighteen

~ Ariel and Kian's date outfits above ~

"Adam!" I yelled coming downstairs dressed for my date. It was quarter of seven and I was ready to head out the door. When I got to the bottom, I turned the corner as Adam came out from the kitchen into the living room, "Can I borrow your car?" I asked before he could say anything.

"Um.... sure." He replied after noticing how I was dressed, "Where are you going?" He asked crossing his arms, staring at me.

"I'm meeting up with Caleb and Julia for a movie." I lied knowing my best friend's plans with her boyfriend as I gestured toward the front door behind me, "I won't be home too late." I assured him.

"Be home by 10PM." He said in a serious tone, "It is a school night ." He added trying to act a lot older than me, which is funny because we're the same age.

He's older than me by like ten minutes.

"Okay." I replied, then walked past him into the kitchen, grabbed his keys off the counter and left to meet up with Kian.

Twenty minutes later, I arrived at Griffith Park where Kian and I planned to have our date and pulled into the mini parking lot by the small office building. I saw Kian's silver Ranger Rover already there and parked next to it. I looked over smiling excepting to see him in his car, but he wasn't.

Guess we're meeting at the Gazebo, I thought, then sighed getting out of Adam's car. I slammed the door shut behind me and looked around.

It was pretty quiet and very dark. There was some areas lit up with light plea spread out throughout the park, showing the walking paths. I wrapped my arms around my body and started walking to where the Gazebo was in hopes I would find Kian there.

I didn't even take two steps away from the cars when I heard footsteps directly behind me. Before I could do anything, two arms quickly wrapped around my waist. I screamed as I felt my feet lift off the ground and started kicking my legs in the air trying to get out of their grip.

"Ariel calm down!" I heard a familiar voice said chuckling, "It's just me." They added putting me back on the ground. As soon as my feet touch the ground, I whipped my head around and saw Kian smirking still chuckling through his lips.

"That was not funny Kian." I said in a serious tone as I pushed his hands off me, then turned around to face him, "You scared the carp out of me." I added crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"I'm sorry." He replied letting out one more chuckle, "I just wanted to surprise you." He added shrugging his shoulders.

"Well consider me surprised." I resorted staring at him. He slammed his lips together glancing at the ground before flickering his eyes up at me grinning again.

"What?" I snapped.

"You're cute when you're mad." He commented stepping towards me.

"Shut up." I replied playfully, trying to hide my smile peeking through my lips. I glanced down for a second, then looked back at Kian now inches away from me.

How does he do that?, I thought, staring up at him as he did the same to me. His hand reached over and took mine into his and intertwining our fingers together.

"You're cute in general." He whispered making me smile, "Come on." He added nodding, then walked backwards toward his silver ranger rover pulling me along with him.

"I thought we were having our date here." I said to him. He smiled at me and said bringing me over to the passenger's side.

"I have other plans."