Heyyyy, whuddup

So- first of all I highly doubt that anyone is still reading this. It's been probably at LEAST a year and I've said nothing.
But still, anyways, a lil something something from me!

As you can probably tell, I got burnt out with this story. I think I built too many technicalities for myself, plus I only had vague plans when I started and I expected myself to somehow build an entire plot. Spoiler: it's not that easy!
But I still love the world I've built here. I've started progress on a new story with some of the same basic ideas from this story, but a little bit simpler for myself, plus updated because personalities change a lot in three years. I have a plotline planned out for that, and I promised myself that I'm not going to publish it until I have a few chapters finished to make SURE that I have time for myself to create more without feeling pressure.

I also went back through some of this story after a while and thought huh. This isn't 100% bad. So there's a possibility that I might go back and edit some of this at some point. I'd probably take out a lot of the small technical things- this ended up being more of an exercise in worldbuilding than a well-rounded story. (Also shoutout to the person who called me out for using a map of Antarctica because I wanted to make a map but I didn't want to go to all the effort of making a map.) I still can't think of a way I would wrap this up— I had plans up to a certain point, but after that point I got stuck. For that reason it's really hard for me to keep writing this story.

If anyone still has any investment at all in this story, I have half of chapter 20 written, (I wrote it back in April of 2019, and although it could use some editing to be less clunky I'm not going to all that effort) and I can share it with the class. Otherwise, be on the lookout for me hopefully eventually publishing the other thing! I can promise that what I have so far is already less clunky than the beginning of this story.

Thanks for your time!
-Helena