Introduction: A New Country

(Quick AN: there is no mention of our favorite shred crew until about 440 words in, but there is important information, so please be patient. Thanks!)
Queen Eve clapped her hands from up on the balcony and stepped up to the microphone, silencing the crowd gathered below her. She smiled as she began to address them:
"Today is a day of unity. A day of new beginnings.
"Today is the day when not only will we unify our kingdoms for a lasting peace, but also create peace between the Humans, Anims and Betweeners."
The crowd erupted into cheers. The newly formed Kingdom of Tranek joined together five old kingdoms that had a population of either mainly Humans, mainly Anims, or mainly Betweeners.

Humans were some of the first beings to gain a conscience. They began creating civilizations long before the other two species began to exist.
The Anims were animals of differing species that gained a conscience. Although at first it was hard to tell the difference between an Anim and a regular animal, through generations they began to speak and walk on their hind legs like the humans. After gaining the ability to pick up objects, humans began to regard them as another, separate, intelligent species. Most Anims also retained the advantages and characteristics they would have had as animals: a cat Anim would be agile but be afraid of water, a dog Anim would have a strong sense of hearing and smell but would occasionally bark at things, etcetera.
Betweeners were Humans or Anims who were changed either genetically or mechanically. They could have a weird face or have plants growing from their body from a genetic change, or have a metal arm or a microwave in their stomach from a mechanical change. Strangely enough, if someone became a Betweener through a mechanical change, it would become embedded in their DNA, and they could pass on the same mechanical change to their children. One other type of Betweener, a strange case, were the robot Betweeners, who would be born as only a soul, and their bodies would need to be manufactured.

The crowd around the Queen consisted of all three species, reunited after many years of being confined to their own countries: the countries of Scape, Comics, Res, Riku, and Tran. The capitol was located in Tran, where the people watched the Queen with hope-filled eyes as she continued.

"To signify our new peace, as you may have heard, I have adopted a child, either Human, Anim, or Betweener, from each country. Can you all step out here so I may introduce you?"
Six young teens of differing species stepped out from the curtains at the back of the balcony.
"Each of these six were orphans. They chose to give up their old lives for safety, comfort, and education here at the palace.
"First let me announce my eldest son, Princess Uni."
A pug Anim stepped forward and gave a little wave and a smile. His tuft of blue hair tumbled around in the wind, and he had to brush one of his floppy ears out of his face.
"I have chosen Princess Uni to be my heir. He was fending for himself in Comics with only his pet cow and my next son, Prince Dawn." She gestured to the side.
A black and turquoise-blue robot stepped up next to Uni, smiling as he looked over the crowd.
"Although Prince Dawn was in Comics with Uni, he was born in Riku, and his body was manufactured there. When I found them, they were trying to live in a small, poorly constructed shack. They were able to hunt and protect themselves fairly well, but they were still more than happy to come live with me. The two of them are inseparable." She chuckled as Dawn and Uni stepped back, both smiling.
"This," the Queen continued, "is Prince Cory."
A Betweener with a camera for a face stepped up, nodded at the crowd, and said, "Sup." With him was a second Betweener with a comical yellow face. He nudged Cory and whispered to him, and the two boys both snickered.
"Prince Cory was living in the country Scape, trying to earn a living in the city of New Pro. Although he managed to find a few odd jobs, he never had enough money, and lived on the streets.
"With him is Squire Tom. Squire Tom was Prince Cory's protector on the streets of New Pro. He is a strange looking Betweener, and that and his... resistance to rules kept him from keeping a job. Therefore, Prince Cory kept the two of them fed, and Squire Tom used his... ahh, how should I say it? He used his uncanny strength and fiery attitude to keep the two of them safe. Squire Tom is now in training to be a knight."
Cory and Tommy stepped back as the Queen moved on. "My fourth child is from Res. His name is Prince Nick, and he was living in District Z."
Nick stepped up, smiled warmly, and waved.
"Although he was in a tough situation, he remained kind to all he met. Him and his pet turtle live happily here now, despite their previous struggles."
She smiled at Nick as he stepped back.
"Last but not least is Princess Ashlie." Ashlie stepped forward, already beaming. "Princess Ashlie was abandoned as a child at Military Base 9596 here in Tran. She was trained to be a warrior, but she never lost her kindness towards others. Her and her," she looked to Ashlie for a moment, debating what to say, "Pig... are enjoying their new lives at the castle.
The crowd cheered as Ashlie stepped back. Just as the cheering started to subside, another loud cheer: "YEAH, ATLIE!" was heard behind the curtain.
The Queen smiled and chuckled a bit.
"Jon, would you like to come out here too?"'
What seemed to be a Betweener with a white face, green hair, and a jester hat poked his head out. "Me?"
"Yes, you, Jon! Come out, let me introduce you!"
Jon stepped out, fully clothed in a jester outfit, which he surprisingly seemed extremely comfortable with. He seemed confused.
"Everyone," Queen Eve smiled, "This is our new jester, Jon. He was found outside the kingdom by some of our explorers, without friends, family, or anyone to guide him. He didn't want to live in the palace unless he could find a way to work his weight. Seeing his goofy nature and strange antics, Princess Ashlie suggested he become our jester. Jon is proof that we can have peace with those outside our borders."
Queen Eve nodded at those with her, excusing those with her, while the crowd cheered again. As they left, they heard her speaking over the cheers: "May this day mark the beginning of a new era: an era of peace for the Kingdom of Tranek!"

AN: This is my first fanfic. Ever. I may not post often due to
1. Having to do this on my phone
2. Procrastination
However, I hope you like my writing style! I will be getting a laptop very soon (maybe even for my birthday tomorrow!!!), so I will soon be able to write more efficiently. Until then, don't expect too frequent updates.
Another note: Grammar is very important to me. Therefore, of you see a grammar or spelling mistake, don't be shy, and correct me. I will really appreciate it.
Finally, if you have any suggestions of things I should put in this at any point (I have some general ideas but nothing is set in stone) please tell me. I want to get as much input as possible, because this is important to me. I won't be doing ships here (sorry not sorry), and I may not involve all ideas, but I want to know your opinions, no matter what. Thanks!
Helena!! :)