CH8: Trust

"Queen Uni?" There was a knock on the door. "Queen Uni, it is time to wake up."
"Ugh..." Uni groaned as he rolled out of bed. He was still exhausted by the late night they all had the night before. "I'll be just a minute, alright friend?"
"Take your time," The voice, presumably a guard outside, said. "There is someone we need you to meet. When you are ready, meet me and your siblings in the breakfast room."
"Will do," Uni said back, yawning and stretching as he started to get ready for the day.

"Cory! Where are you?" Ashlie yelled in frustration. "I get that he's going with Jon to get Tommy and Leo, but does it really take this long?"
"It's alright, Ashlie," Dawn responded to her. "They will be here in no time. I'm sure there's a perfectly acceptable reason for why they aren't here."
Suddenly the door burst open. Cory stormed in first, with Tommy directly behind him, and Leo and Jon behind, looking a bit shocked.
"I can't believe they didn't want you guys in here!" Cory fumed. "The killer could be anywhere my butt. If that's true, why let me through? God, idiots these days!"
"Carl, chill." Tommy said.
"I will not chill! Those- those creamdips just went ahead and-"
Cory continued to rant, unaware that everyone else had moved on. Breakfast was already finished, and everyone was waiting for the new person. Tommy, Jon, and Leo, who all hadn't had a chance to eat, sat down as close to the door as possible before stuffing their faces.
The door creaked open, and three guards stepped through. The two on the outside were identified by Uni as the guards from his room, but the girl in the middle wasn't recognized by anyone. She was wearing all black with a black beanie pulled over her head. Her bright orange hair stuck out like a flame in front of her dark skin, and her coffee-colored eyes shone with strength and mischief. They all stared at this new figure, until Leo suddenly jumped out of his seat and ran towards her. He pulled her into a giant hug.
"Hey, Bodibo!" She exclaimed, petting his head.
"It's so good to see you!" Leo turned to everyone else. "Guys, this is Rowan. She was my first friend in the guard, back while she was still in training." He grinned and turned back to look up at her. "It feels like it's been forever!"
"That's only because you didn't call me, like you said you would," she said, beaming at him. She then turned to the others in the room. "Hey everyone! Like Leo said, I'm Rowan. I was assigned to be the Queen's personal bodyguard." She started to bow to Uni, but he stopped her.
"Please, don't think of me as a superior," he said. Rowan glanced up. "Think of me as a friend. Just call me Uni."
"I- I guess I will, Uni. Thanks." Rowan stood up straight and smiled. "And you guys must be the robot, the camera-face, the troll, the turtle dude, the bean-warrior, and the cinnamon bun."
Jon looked up when he heard "cinnamon bun", a fresh cinnamon bun ironically in his mouth.
"Jon!" Ashlie yelled.
"Atlie!" He responded.
"Don't eat your own kind, Jon!"
Jon looked down at the bun in his hand. "Oh..." he said, realizing what she meant.
Meanwhile, Cory was glaring at Rowan. "Don't call me camera face, hothead," he fumed.
"Hothead? Please," Rowan responded. "Looks like you're the only hotheaded one around here right now. Besides, at least I'm proud of my unique style." She flipped the short hair framing the right side of her head.
"Whatever." Cory walked away, rolling his lens, while Tommy threw fistfuls of lettuce into the air and yelled "OHHHHHH!"
"Leo, what was it she called you?" Uni asked him, his eyebrows scrunched together and a hint of a smile across his mouth.
"What? Oh, my nickname," Leo responded. "It's- well, it's kind of weird, but it's Bodibo."
"Bodibo? What?" Uni burst out laughing at the top of his lungs.
"Uni, don't be rude!" Nick told him, a bit taken aback.
"I'm sorry, it's just-" Uni rubbed his eyes and stared at Leo, holding back a smile. "Bodibo? Why?"
"An... old friend used to call me that," Leo said sheepishly.
"Ha, yeah," Rowan butted in. "I heard her calling you that, and just had to join the fun."
Leo laughed. "I'll never live it down."
"Hey, seems like you two could use some time to catch up!" Dawn told them, starting to usher them away. "We'll keep talking with you in a minute!"
"Dawn, what was that about?" Ashlie asked. Her, Cory, Tommy and Jon were all heading over towards everyone else.
"Should we tell her?" Dawn asked, his voice quiet.
"She'll find out eventually anyways," Cory responded, shrugging.
"Tell her what?" Jon asked.
"You know, us leaving?" Ashlie responded.
"Ohhh..." Jon said.
"I don't think we should," Uni said, looking a little worried. "I don't know if I can trust her yet. She seems to be putting on a mask or something. Like she isn't showing us her real personality." He looked over at Leo and Summer, who were smiling and laughing together.
"But Leo likes her," Jon said, his eyebrows scrunched together. "We already told Leo. Why not Rowan?"
"I think I'm with Uni on this," Nick said. "Jon, we told Leo after months of bonding. We just met Rowan. Plus, I agree about the whole "mask" thing. No one is that cheery, especially someone in the Guard."
"It's not like it'll affect anything," Tommy put in. "Telling her would build trust, right? And then we wouldn't have to worry about her losing faith in us when we leave." He then sniggered a bit. "If she put faith in any of you chimpwhistles by then."
"Maybe we should just wait a bit," Ashlie said gently, and quietly gestured at Rowan and Leo, who were walking over. "Maybe we can learn to trust her in time. If not, I guess we'll just have to see what happens."

AN: Hope you guys don't feel like you were waiting for too long! I was busy... um... well, first off with homework, second with reading others' wonderful works, and third with helping rebuild the fourth wall. Gotta put those inflatable bricks to use.
Anyways, this wasn't as smooth as I wanted it to be, and a few other chapters will also be like this in the way that they are a bit rough. I don't plan most of my things out ahead of time, and the things I do plan are usually dramatic or 爩宆. (backwards and in a sort of code thing! I'm proud of myself.) But I do still have some other things up my sleeve, even if they are only ideas.

Special thanks to AmberDreamCrusher for Rowan! I'm going to have fun with her. (You know what I mean, well at least you sort of do.)

And finally, I'm proud that I finally have another long chapter done. Also, if you want to learn more about me or see random stuff I decide to post, check out my other book! It's not really anything special yet, but if I get to any important milestones or something important happens to me, I will post it there. Coming up should be a little song I wrote! I just need to get a first recording and I will post it!

Anyways, Hope you enjoyed! Have a good day!
-Helena!!:¬)