Ch19- Danger in the Castle

There wasn't any alarm. There wasn't any warning. The only reason why Uni knew that there was someone in the castle was because of the loud footsteps outside of his room and the people rushing around.

Uni swung his legs over the bedframe and yawned. He pulled off his nightgown and pulled on a loose dress. Nothing ceremonial was planned for today, so he could wear whatever he wanted. Despite what others had told him, through his years as being the princess, he had become really fond of dresses; they were easy to slip on, usually loose and comfy, and with his fur he didn't have to worry about the cold as much, so it didn't matter as much if he was less covered. He spun around and smiled at the fluttery material, and pulled on a string to signal that a servant should come up. Soon, he heard a knock at his door. He walked over and tugged on the old wooden door until it opened.

Instead of a servant, he found Dawn standing outside of his door.

"Uni- Uni we need to go."

"What's going on?" Uni yawned and followed Dawn as he was dragged out of the room.

"There was a threat," Dawn said. "A note left. Someone's coming for you. We need to hide."

"Well what about the vents?"

Dawn paused. "Yeahhhh... That could work." He started to pull Uni again. "We have to go get Rowan."

Uni yawned again. "Can't I get some coffee? A doughnut? Something?" He limply sagged after Dawn as they turned corners around the castle.

"Rowan has the supplies," Dawn explained, sighing a bit. "We'll go into the room- there's plenty of food left in there."

"There is- wait!" Uni startled up. "All the plans are in there- what about Rowan-"

""Right," Dawn said, slowing down. "We can't let her know, just to be sure. We have to hide the notes somehow..."

"I'll take one route, you show her another," Uni decided. "I'll get everything cleaned up while you two are gone."

"Okay," Dawn said. "I'll go get her now, you get in the vents."

Uni nodded and slipped into the nearest room. He quickly pried open the vents, and pulled himself up before closing it behind him. Tommy had given all of them extensive training on the vent routes, so Uni felt fairly confident with his directions, but it still took him a minute to get oriented and start crawling through. He soon dropped down into their room.

He sighed as he looked around. There were so many plans, so many days of plotting out ideas and details, and yet he had no way of knowing what was happening out there to his siblings. He looked back to the messy table before resigning himself to his job.

It wasn't too long before Dawn dropped through the vent. He seemed a little jerky, and his screen was flickering a bit. Uni looked up from the now-clean table.

"Dawn? Are you alright?" He asked. He walked over and tapped the side of the robot's head.

"They- they got Rowan." Dawn choked out.

"They WHAT?" Uni exclaimed. "What happened?"

"She was shot- an arrow through the window," Dawn tried to explain. "And she just- she disappeared. There was this flash of darkness everywhere, and all there was was a note in her place."

"What note?" Uni demanded. "Read it to me."

"It's pretty short," Dawn said. "Just says-

This is the beginning of a new era. One where past oppression shall no longer prevail. Where magic can once again be free.

"Where- what?" Uni almost laughed, but his eyebrows scrunched up and he frowned. "This makes no sense!"

"And there's the same symbol at the bottom," Dawn pointed out.

"This is a problem." Uni looked around frantically. "Did you bring any coffee?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So."

A light blinked on over Rowan's head.

"I was promised the Queen."

A silver-haired woman stepped into the light, her eyes glowing a deep purple. A few words slipped from her mouth, and a rope of darkness slipped around Rowan's neck. She winced as it tightened, leaving her barely able to breathe.

"I guess you'll have to do."

And the lightbulb exploded as a wave of darkness descended over the room.

Okay this took forever but you know what? I'm gonna keep going. I have plans. We're finally getting to the good stuff. Hopefully I get inspired again sometime before five or whatever amount months pass. And you know what? Even if no one is reading this anymore? I'm gonna complete it. For myself. I hope.
Hopefully things go well!
-Helena!! :D