𝑨𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔

☆꧁ 9 ꧂☆

It is a week that's been passed since Ryujin and Heejin called Sooyeon. Sooyeon isolates herself inside her bed room with a book in her hands as she reads thoroughly the text inside, her tired eyes and the heavy weight in her head is worsening the situation.

Thirteen more pages, and we're done.

Eyebrows meeting each others, she squints her eyes as the orbs trail across the words, left to right. The whole study session would always start within the hour at two to four in the afternoon right after she would take her lunch and an hour of rest and mind preparation.

When she's already done in her reading, all her books and notes are placed either in her shelves or in her bag, ready for the day in school tomorrow.

She trudges to the door and opens it before she would descend downstairs, a perfect timing when her stomach grouches, and so she walks into their family kitchen. On the dining table, she eyes a circular plate that has sandwiches on it, beside lies a pitcher of blue lemonade. She immediately takes two of the sandwiches and pours herself the juice.

She takes them with her two hands, going to the direction of the living room. She sees her sister, Chanmi, sitting on the couch, her eyes pasted on the flat television screen.

Sooyeon hasn't noticed fast that the channel her sister is watching is coming from a music show, and Itzy is recently being shown with their new title track being performed. Sooyeon stares at the TV once she's settled her food on the center table. The space between her and Chanmi is as if there's an invisible person beside them.

Chanmi breaks her gaze from the screen to look at the younger, she is surprised that Sooyeon hasn't uttered a word, now that her sister's best friend is up on the screen. "That's Ryujin, right?"

Sooyeon lours at her, "Yes, of course. It has been so many years that you've seen Ryujin's face even up close, and you're asking me that that's her?"

"Well, you're like a fricking mute sloth there almost going to tear up the TV with those eyes." Chanmi rolls her eyes. Definitely she knows Shin Ryujin, one Sooyeon's two best friends. Ryujin would even visit their house when they were in middle school either to play or study, so why would Chanmi not remember her? All these years?

Sooyeon twitches her lip, with nothing left to say, she silently chew on the sandwich. Chanmi speaks up again, "I love how charismatic Ryujin is, even then, she just gets even more attractive. The members are very appealing too, they're so beautiful."

"Yeah."

Chanmi looks at her, the sister that is always enthusiastic when talking about Ryujin is not there. Is something coming up? Am I missing something here?

The mere attitude towards her best friend is too skeptical for Chanmi. She thought that Sooyeon is just tired on her studies, she fits it in her small pouch of a conclusion that could result to her sister's behavior.

On the contrary, inside of Sooyeon's mind, she swims in a league of indefinite rage, just by looking at Ryujin's face.

☆•~°

The screech of the wheels of a white van can be heard throughout the vast space outside the large gates of Hanlim University. Ryujin and Chaeryeong step outside, holding hand in hand.