I'm Sorry

You laid in your bed, still thinking about your date with Leo. You were on Cloud Nine. It had went so well, Annabeth swore that you were Aphrodite's OTP. You kept replaying the date over and over in your head as you slowly drifted into unconsciousness...
And that's when your dream came. Actually, you wouldn't have called it a dream, per se. It was a nightmare. One of the worst ones you've had for a while. You were on the beach again during your date, when all of a sudden, the sand collapsed, and Leo disappeared. A deep, raspy voice laughed as the scenery faded into darkness. You panicked, looking around for anyone, yelling for Leo and Annabeth to come and save you. You had felt so weak and helpless, all you could do was scream and cry.
That's when the worst part came.
"Oh you gullible child..." the voice had said. You had stopped crying and were on alert now. You could tell that the voice was a man's. "You have no clue of his past, do you? You have no clue how tragic that boy is. Don't you want to save him? From the hurt? From you? All you'll do is hurt him. He's been hurt enough..." All of a sudden, the scenery changed. You were in a machine shop, and it was burning. There was a beautiful young woman desperately trying to escape, and yelling something that sent a chill your spine.
She was yelling Leo's name.
"Oh, don't get scared yet, little hero," the voice spat the word hero like it was something rotten,"there's more. Oh, so much more pain. This, is Leo's mother. He was eight when she died. From there, he went from foster home to foster home, and ran away several times." The scene shifted to Leo running scared in the streets. He couldn't have been more than ten. The sight made you want to cry, but instead your hands shook and your knees buckled. He had such a horrible past...you wanted to help him, but you also didn't want to hurt him. How could you hurt him? You never would.
"After that-oh I love this one-he met a girl! But not just any girl-a goddess!" The voice cackled as you saw Leo kissing the goddess Calypso. You thought you would've felt hatred for her, but instead, you only felt grief for him. Then you saw him on a raft, sailing away, promising to come back to her. And then...the worst part. You saw him on a bronze dragon, soaring through the air, his body limp. He was dead. A part of the dragon opened up and stuck him with a needle. Immediately, Leo was re-animated. How could this be bad?
"That serum he was injected with? That's the Physician's Cure. It can cure any disease, bring people back from the dead (as long as they're freshly dead, of course) and-oh you'll love this, my dear-make them immortal. That's right! You'll eventually die, and he will live on without you." The scene changed again, and you saw Leo at a grave, his looks completely unchanged except for the fact that he was crying. He laid a hand on the stone, and bowed his head. You got closer to the stone, afraid of what was on it. You're head was spinning, your knees were buckling, your head shaking, teeth chattering.
It was your name.
You would have to leave him eventually. Which meant you would only cause him pain. You didn't want that scene to become true. That couldn't be your future. That couldn't be his future. There had to be some way to change it.
"There's no way to stop The Fates, my dear. Unless..." The scene went back to black, and your eyes started to become blurry with tears. "Unless...you join me. I will give you immortality and riches beyond belief. Trust me, my child. Join me. Together, we will be powerful. And you will have your love forever.
The dream faded, and you woke up shaking and crying. The door on your cabin burst open, and Annabeth came rushing in with Leo right behind her. At the sight of Leo, you only became scared. You didn't want to hurt him. You put a shaking hand to your mouth, and thought of what the dream had said. Should you tell them? Should you hide it? Should you join him?
Should you join him...
"Are you alright?" Annabeth asked. You had stopped crying now, but your breathing was really shaky. You nodded, although it was a lie. Leo took your hand in his, and you were so shaken you barely noticed.
"I heard you scream and-I got scared..." Annabeth said, sighing with relief.
"What happened?" Leo asked tensely. You looked up at him, and saw that he was prepared to fight anyone or anything that hurt you. You felt flattered, but just for a moment because you remembered the future vision.
"It...it was just a dream," you said. Annabeth nodded sleepily, but Leo didn't look convinced.
"We'll talk about it in the morning, okay? Come on, Leo, let's go back to sleep," Annabeth said, yawning.
"No. I'm not leaving her side," he said, not breaking his protective look at you.
Annabeth looked like she was going to argue, but she just shrugged it off.
"Alright. Fine. But I'm going back to sleep," she said, going back to her own bed.
"You can go, too. I don't want you to lose sleep over me," you said, half awake.
"No. I'm not leaving you, and there is nothing in this world that will take me away." He kneeled next to your bed and stroked your hand. You found it nice, but you couldn't get that dream out of your head. The last thing you remember saying before you drifted off to sleep again was, "I'm sorry..."

**ooooo I played with your feelz🌚. Merry Christmas Eve/whatever you celebrate by the way! Thanks for reading!**