Icefire

**oh geez I'm super sorry for these crappy titles...and the long waits between postings. This was a harder chapter than usual, and I hope you like it!**
The next morning, I woke up and everyone else was asleep.
I couldn't have that!
I immediately kissed her, and I felt her kiss me back a little. I pulled away and smiled like a goofball (which I am) and waited for her to ask.
"What was that for?" she asked, sitting up groggily. Bingo.
"Well, in order to wake a sleeping beauty, her prince has to kiss her, doesn't he?" I said, grinning like crazy. She smiled and laughed a little.
"Oh my gods, you're a dork," she laughed, playfully punching my arm, but blushing all the same.
"Hey, but I am the prince of dorks, mind you. And u would be a king if I could only find a queen..." I gave her a look and she hit me again.
"Wow, okay just wow. That was the corniest, cheesiest, worst pickup line ever and you just used it on your girlfriend. And by Zeus it worked." She kissed me on the cheek and sat next to me while I put my arm around her. Her hands were huddles around a cold mug of instant coffee (I had figured out how to make instant coffee with the rest of the caffeine patches and we, uh, "borrowed" some mugs from a random food place we found.)
"Hey, I can heat that up if you want," I offered. She eagerly handed it over and I held my hand one the bottom of the mug while I heated up my hand. In seconds it was steaming.
"Thanks," she said, taking it back and sipping it. Before long, the rest of the crew was up.
"So what's on the agenda today, boss?" Percy asked, looking down at his coffee.
"Well, I-" I started, but was quickly cut off.
"I wasn't talking to you, Repair Boy," Percy smirked, gesturing to Annabeth who had somehow acquired a notebook which she was looking at.
Did she just get that, or has she had that the whole time? Am I really that oblivious?
Don't answer that.
"Hey, we've been over this, I am the Supreme Commander of the Argo 2 and now Festus," I smirked back. Festus made some noises, and Annabeth laughed while my face turned red.
"What? What did he say?" Percy asked impatiently.
"He said that Leo ain't Supreme Commander of nothing! I think he's spent too much time paying attention to Percy's sass!" The whole crew laughed, and right then, I realized how cute the girl snuggled up next to me could laugh.
Don't tell her I said that.
"Okay, so today, it seems that we are...oh my gods..." Annabeth's eyes widened as she checked her calculations in her journal."
"What's up, Wise Girl?" Percy asked. I still didn't know where Wise Girl and Seaweed Brain came from...
Annabeth looked at me with a little terror in her eyes and said, "Leo, it's today."
What? What's today? Did I miss a birthday, an anniversary, WHAT IS IT WOMAN?!
She must have noticed the blank stare on my face because Annabeth facepalmed, sighed and said, "Today is the day we get there, you idiot. Are you prepared for this?"
A hand laced between my fingers and I looked down at her. She was biting her lip out of nervousness, her face slightly paler than usual, her eyes full of concern. Just when I thought she was going to cry, she did something else I hadn't really expected.
She kissed me.
"Whatever happens today," she started when she pulled away (too soon, might I add, but Percy was making gagging noises and Jason was shuffling awkwardly while Annabeth made sounds of a dying baby whale), "just know that...that I love you, and some dumb old goddess can't tell me what to do." She smiled a real smile, and I smiled back at her, knowing that Khione couldn't tell her what to do. She was a determined, stubborn, lovestruck girl with the obedience of a wild animal. Or a Percy. I mean, he doesn't listen well either.
"Alright," I said, smiling back at her. "I'm ready."
~
It was just as cold as I remembered, and Khione was just as hot as I remembered. Well, she wasn't as pretty to me now because my girlfriend was ten times more beautiful than Aphrodite could hope to be.
Don't tell any of them I said that.
"Leo Valdez..." She said, letting my name come off her tongue with a tone like iced coffee-cold, bitter, and chilling to the bone. She glided gracefully down the stairs, her full length lace dress training behind her like a cape.
"Well, you look good for someone who's supposed to be dead," I remarked. Her nostrils flared and her coffee brown eyes grew to bottomless pits of hate. Jason nudged me to let me know I probably shouldn't do that. I didn't care.
"I guess I could say the same to you," she said, her words like ice. "If you're here to insult me, though, I suggest you talk quickly because I want your head frozen solid as soon as possible." She smiled, showing her teeth, and to be honest I half expected her to have vampire teeth, but saw they were only slightly sharper than usual.
"That's a good thing to say to someone you're trying to mess with," I remarked, trying to stay calm, but I was getting kind of angry. She cackled coldly, throwing her head back (I expected blood this time, but nothing again.)
"Mess with you?! Tell me, why would I have time to mess with you?" My blood turned to boil I was so angry. Jason kicked me, and I realized I was melting the floor. I had to calm myself down or hurry up, and it seemed the second option was best.
"With me and my girlfriend. What does it matter to you who I fall in love with?"
"Wait, hold on one moment. You got a girlfriend? Wow, girls must be much more desperate in these ages," she said smirking slightly.
Wait.
She had no clue what I was talking about? Now I was confused.
"So you're not the one who's prohibiting their relationship?" Jason asked, grabbing my arm. I knew it was getting time to go then.
"The only way I'd prohibit it is if your head freezes and-oh, look at that! Time's up!" Khione thruster her hand forward, sending flurries around my head. My vision was clouded for a moment, and next thing I knew, we were under the castle. I must have melted through the floor, and Jason was now flying us back to Festus. What was I supposed to tell everyone?
What was I supposed to tell her?