The Necklace

That necklace isn't what you think it is, young hero.
You tried to wake up, but your dream enveloped you into a state of a complete coma.
Oh, sure, it's nice to know when that monster is thinking of you, but do you really want to know when he's around you? It might hurt you more than you know. Wake now! The necklace is cold! Go and observe your little joke of a hero, and maybe you'll have some sense to listen to me and throw it away while you still can...
The words faded from your mind, and while you couldn't remember what the voice sounded like, you could remember quite plainly what it had said.
'Why would I ever throw this away?' you thought and you sat up from your sleeping spot on Festus. You had been on the dragon since the day before when you and Leo got back on after your walk. You already knew what you were going to get him, but you still added a few little adjustments in your mind to make it better as you tried to get to sleep. The necklace was warm in your hand on both sides, and you smiled. But then that dream came, and you didn't smile now. The necklace was dangling, so it didn't touch your skin, and you were afraid to touch it and see if the dream had been right. You looked around first, and sure enough, Leo was at the front of the dragon, humming so softly that you didn't even notice it until then. You tried to pick out what song it was, so you were completely still, breathing softly. After a few moments, you realized you couldn't think of what it was unless you tried to match a song to it, so you tried that.
It wasn't Alone Together, I'm Not Okay (I Promise), Fourth of July, Bulletproof Heart, Tear in My Heart, or any Disney song, so you were getting a little confused...
Until you remembered All Time Low and Panic! At the Disco. Your first thought was to feel the necklace to see if he was thinking of you, because if he was, then it would be All Time Low, because the only song he knew from them was If These Sheets Were the States, and you were right next to him.
So you felt the necklace, and was relieved to see that one of the sides was warm, and it was the side that told you he was close. A faint glow of fire now arose from the necklace, as if it only activated at your touch. You smiled at it. He didn't need to think of you all the time. You tried All Time Low, but the tune was off. Then you thought of Panic! and continued to search for a song. You tried This Is Gospel, The Ballad of Mona Lisa, and Hallelujah, but was relieved to see that it wasn't any of them. So you tried Northern Downpour...
Perfect match. That's when you realized he could be thinking of only one girl for a song that sad.
His mother.
He wasn't thinking of you because he was thinking of his poor mother. You didn't care if he knew you were awake now, you just went over and hugged him because you were so heartbroken, and so was he, and in that moment you just needed to heal each other. He smiled when he saw you latch onto his arm.
"Hey," he said, brushing the hair out of your eyes.
"You're thinking of your mom, aren't you?" you blurted out. Good going, you thought to yourself. His eyes turned sad, but he didn't let the smile show it.
"Yeah, I was..." You felt really bad, and you didn't know what else to do because you were an awkward human being and didn't know how to have a regular conversation with a friend let alone a boyfriend, so you did what you knew didn't require talking.
You kissed him.
You two kissed for a while before you finally pulled away, and looked him in the eyes and said, "It's okay, I'll be your family now, alright?" He smiled and wrapped his arms around you-he had acquired a camp hoodie from Festus's storage, probably-and kissed your forehead.
"You're all I need."
That's how you two fell asleep, and you slept the rest of the night safely in his arms. You had almost forgotten about the dream.
Almost.