The Start of the End

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" You held your breath, balled your fists, and bit your lip.
Are you sure you're ready for this? Leo's words repeated in your mind, making you bite on your lip harder.
Am I sure I'm ready for this? Your stomach was in knots, your eyes were wild, your anger was unbearable. You looked him straight in the eyes, a determined look on your face, and nodded. Leo suddenly embraced your face in his hands and kissed you, giving everything he had into it, and it made all your nerves melt and your determination stronger. You had to win this fight.
"I love you, and I won't leave your side, alright? Stay close." He grabbed your hand and helped you off of Festus. You had landed in a remote area a little ways from New York City and had to walk the rest of the way there because you had no money, no car, and nowhere to park a giant bronze dragon. Apparently New Yorkers don't have that kind of special privilege parking. Jason and Percy were staying behind on the dragon for backup while Annabeth refused to do anything but stay by your guys' side the entire time.
"I've been with you guys since the beginning; I think it's only right if I go, too. Plus, I can reason pretty well. You might need that." She had a point. You couldn't just leave her, anyway.
"So how long will it take us to get into the city?" you asked once you were firmly planted on the ground (a sensation that seemed almost foreign to you after being on a dragon for weeks on end).
"Roughly an hour," Leo said.
"Remind me again why we didn't just stop at camp?" Annabeth asked. Leo looked sadly at you, and you understood. He was afraid that you wouldn't be accepted anymore now that everyone knew you weren't a demigod.
"Right..." Annabeth said, sighing. Leo grabbed hold of your hand and the journey started.