Baby its Cold Outside

"Okay, so if this person of unidentifiable gender and species is really trying to break you two up, it would probably be because-Leo, what are you doing? These are very serious matters." Annabeth had been preaching to him all morning, but he wouldn't stop goofing off. Of course, that was probably because you hadn't stopped laughing at his antics. But how could you not? He was so funny. And he was being especially good to you because it was almost your anniversary. Three whole months with this goof. You couldn't believe it. And judging by the twinkle in his eye every time he looked at you, he couldn't, either. But if it was going to go on, you had to figure out what was going on with this mystery being. You, Annabeth, Leo, and occasionally Percy (when he wasn't giving swimming lessons to the littler campers) spent hours every day trying to figure this out, but nothing had come up yet. Somehow, though, you hadn't had another dream. At all. It was like the part of your brain that produced dreams was taken out. And so was everyone else's. It was the weirdest thing.
But that wasn't the only thing wrong with the demigods. The gods had gone silent, too, and every magical item that any camper had ever been given wasn't working. Thankfully, the barrier around the camp was still working, but Chiron believed it only to be because of the Fleece surrounding the trunk of Thalia's tree.
Speaking of Thalia, Jason had just received word that Artemis wasn't anywhere around. She wasn't kidnapped, but she also wasn't called back to Olympus. She only left a note saying a) not to come look for her or contact her because b) she had "confidential matters to attend to elsewhere." That was strange...even for a god. Mr. D had done a similar thing, only he conversed it orally with Chiron before leaving. Some were panicked, thinking it to be the end of the world. Some were hopeful of something good. But others-such as you, the seven, Chiron, Nico, Reyna, and Thalia- knew that it meant one hades of a fight. With Rachel, the camp's Oracle, still unable to produce a prophecy, and Ella the harpy scared out of her wits at this new news, there was no telling of the future. If there was anyone who was happy with the situation right now, it was Annabeth and Percy. While they didn't come directly out and say it, you could definitely tell that they were both overjoyed to at least be together, unlike last time. Annabeth constantly played with and wore the ring Percy had got her for their one year anniversary (it was a simple silver band with an owl made of small gems on it with 'I love you, Wise Girl 8-18'laser engraved on the inside. Percy had stated that it wasn't much when he gave it to her, but she cherished it more than anything she had.) Percy, on the other hand, did not carry his gift around all the time. Well, mostly because Annabeth had special ordered M&Ms form online, and they were all blue, but some had Percy and Annabeth's picture, while others said 'Seaweed Brain', 'I love you', and 'RIP your pancakes' on them. He really enjoyed them, but not as much as the other gift she got him-a dog tag necklace (like in the military) with the one saying 'I'd fall again for you' with the names of every one of his fallen friends engraved (she left room in case he wanted to add Romans she hadn't known about) and the other saying
'NAME: SEAWEED BRAIN
IF FOUND RETURN TO ANNABETH CHASE (HE'S MINE)' and a trident on the other. Now that he wore every day.
Anyway, he had just walked in when Annabeth scolded Leo for goofing off again.
"Hey, anything new?" Percy asked. Leo had taken the book of his head and put it back on her shelf exactly how she had it. Annabeth shook her head.
"I cannot find anything, and nobody's helping me, either." You suddenly felt guilty. After all, this was for you. But you had helped when you could; there was nothing for you to do at the moment.
"Oh-uh, sorry. What do you need us to do?" you asked. Annabeth looked over at you, surprised.
"What? Oh-I wasn't talking about you; I meant my mom. She hasn't contacted me with any information (as usual)."
"Oh, I'm sorry, Wise Girl. Is there anything I can do?"
"No. Wait-yes." Annabeth was just stricken with an idea. You knew because she looked at you with a glimmer of hope in her eyes-something you hadn't seen from anyone in a while.
"Leo, who is the one god that hates your guts the most?" she asked. Leo pondered for a moment before answering.
"Probably Khione, why?" He might not have caught on yet, but you were beginning to.
"Khione? What's he the God of?" An icy wind suddenly pierced your skin and made your blood run cold. Apparently you weren't the only one to feel it because Percy gave Leo a puzzled and fearful look, while Annabeth looked like her worst fears and her greatest desires had just been confirmed. You spun around to look at Leo, but his face was heavily guarded. The only emotion you could see was from his eyes, and it was nothing but raw fear. You put your hand on top of his, but he didn't budge. He was lost somewhere far away, and you hated to see him like that.
"She. Khione is a she," he said after a moment.
"She's the goddess of snow. Leo, Jason, and Piper met her once in Canada, I believe. A, I right in saying that?" Annabeth asked. Leo relaxed a little, bit looked more confused now than anything.
"We met her more than once..." You waited for him to say more, but that's all that came. You saw Leo thinking really hard while emotions scattered across his sunken face. You just sat there, held his hand, and didn't ask questions while Percy and Annabegh talked in hushed voices. You didn't bothering trying to catch any words; you'd know soon enough.
"We have our target," Annabeth said after a while. "Now we just need our team." You turned to Leo, who was still looking quite confused.
"Well, are you up for it?" he asked you in a calm voice.
"U-up for what?" you asked, your voice shaking.
"Up for a goddess hunt," he replied.
"You want me to come along?" you asked astonished. It wasn't that you didn't want to go, because you did. You'd follow that boy to the end of the universe if it meant keeping him safe, but you weren't a great fighter. You couldn't kill a deer, let alone a freaking goddess.
"If you don't want to come-"
"No, I want to come." Leo smiled, but it looked a little painfully forced.
"Good, because I was going to say that I would carry you over my back if I had to, because I am not leaving you out of my sight." You laughed a little when you imagined Leo carrying you out of camp slung over his shoulder.
"You couldn't even pick me up!" You argued.
"Wanna bet?" You laughed, and so did he. Annabeth and Percy were still talking in hushed tones.
"So who else are you going to take?" you asked him.
"Uh, well, I was thinking you, Annabeth, Jason, Percy, and Nico."
"Nico? Do you think he's going to agree to this?"
"I don't know, but I can't take Piper..." He looked at the floor and ran his free hand through his hair.
"Why not?"
"I need a mission control." A what? What did he think this was, a trip to outer space?
"Why do you need a mission control?"
"You'll see."
"Okay, got people in mind?" Annabeth asked Leo. He nodded and told her.
"I want her, Jason, Nico, and you two, if you're up for it."
"Hey, anyone who messed with my camp should know better. I'd be rather offended if you didn't invite me along," Percy said, a smirk of approval growing on his face. You could feel Leo's relief.
"You guys would be-no offense- lost without me. There's no way I'm staying behind," Annabeth smiled.
"Four down, two to go," Leo said.
"And a prophecy," Percy reminded him.
"Those are working again?" Annabeth asked, surprised that the prophecies had come back in the midst of all this non-working.
"Well, no, but I helped rescue Ella, and her and Tyson are going out, so I think we might be able to get something out of her without scaring her too much," Percy said, trying to sound convincing.
"Alright," Leo said, sighing, and looking directly at you. "Let's go get the playlist ready."

**Hi guys! Finally got a new chapter up! Yay! I've started to feel a little better (if you don't know, I'm sick) and I think I'm going back to the doctor's tomorrow to get stronger medication because my lungs suck at being lungs (yes I just did) SO ANYWAY comment some suggestions for songs for the gang to listen to! Your songs may or may not make it because I already have a pretty good idea of what songs I want, but you can comment some anyway and I'll take them in the order of appearance. Please only one song per account (and person if you have more than one account). Alright, bye!**