Sunshine and a Ferari

The sun had just barely been starting to rise, and gods, it looked beautiful. Sunrise and sunset were always my favorite parts of the day because it reminded me that not just destruction can come out of fire; beauty and goodness and life can, too, and that gave me hope for my Greatest Moment. Your Greatest Moment comes at that time in your life when you...well, it's hard to explain unless you've seen on happen. Me? I've seen plenty happen. Like when Piper stabbed Khione, when Annabeth and Percy came back alive from Tartarus, even when Reyna and Nico found a family within each other (okay, I was technically not there for it, but I heard about it and I just knew.) So far, I was doing a terrible job at trying to find my greatest moment. Sure, I had done some pretty good things, but...nothing that felt...great. But, I mean, I'm the Super-Sized McShizzle, doesn't get any better than that, does it? Well, I'm a supremely hot super-sized McShizzle, so I guess it can get better than just the regular super-sized McShizzle.
Anyway, I had just gotten out of earshot of Festus, who wasn't moving, but gave me a very sad dragon face, and I did something I hadn't seriously done in a while.
I hummed.
Quietly, barely, and badly, but I hummed.
Softly, slowly, and smiling, the tune of The Kids Aren't Alright came to sound first. I remembered that night at the winter ball back home, her in that beautiful dress, me looking better than ever, and the first dance we ever shared. Hi reluctant she was, but I pushed her because I had the whole thing planned out, but it didn't even go as planned. It went better. Saying I love you wasn't part of the plan, but the moment was right and it needed to be said and...we said it. And ever since then, whenever I think about her, smell something that smells like her, hold her hand, even think about her, it's like someone poured a gallon of gasoline onto the fire that keeps me going, and it's such a great feeling. That's what that necklace I gave her is powered by.
I made the opposite version of Frank Zhang's piece of Life Wood or whatever it was called. She gives me life, so I give her warmth.
But now it's time to pay it back. Warmth isn't a measurable payment to life.
As I reached him,his face lit up like the sun behind him, his skin tanned, his hair sun bleached, and his whole aura just beaming of bad haikus and random singing (I swear this guy belonged in High School Musical or something).
"Apollo," I said, approaching him carefully. He grew a beaming smile on his face.
"Leo Valdez, creator of the Valdezinator. To what do I owe the pleasure?"
"I think you know why I'm here," I said, my palms starting to sweat a little.
"Well, if you're here to tell me I look good in this new jacket, I think you'd best be on your way because I know it," he said with a smug smile on his face, tugging gently at the openings of his new leather jacket.
"Wearing all vintage? Misery. No, I think it looked a little better on me," I said, returning the smugness and giving him the classic Leo Valdez Knockout Smile. His eyes narrowed.
"So...you want me to change you like a remix?" he asked.
"Then raise me like a Phoenix," I confirmed. Suddenly his grin wasn't so perky anymore.
"You and I both know that won't work, Leo Valdez. What's done has been done...not even the Little Tiber could while it away now."
"What about the original Tiber?" I asked hopefully. He pondered this for a moment before answering.
"Since I have only one form, crossing from Greek to Roman waters would not work because I am neither Greek nor Roman, technically," he reminded me. My heart sank. Then an idea occurred to me.
"Sir? Your Highness? Your Youngblood Godliness-"
"Yes, get on with it! I haven't got all day, you know. That car's on autopilot, and I do not want it going in any strong directions."
"What if I crossed an Egyptian river?"
"Leo it-"
"What about Norwegian? Caribbean? Isn't there anything I can do?" The god sighed, rubbing his head in his hands.
"Leo Valdez, listen and listen to me closely. A procedure such as taking one's immortality and throwing it away is that of some dark magic. Dark magic that has too many consequences for even a god of great power to escape, do you understand me? You must promise me that you will not jeopardize yours or anyone else's safety and sanity for the sake of life span. Especially that girl you love. With her being what she is, it could very well put her life in danger," Apollo finished, looking me straight in the eyes the whole time he was talking. His car pulled up (oh, mamma, that red Ferari was mouthwatering) and started to get in, but not before I could ask one last question.
"Uh, Apollo?" He raised his head to acknowledge me, "what...what is she exactly...?" I asked hesitantly. He closed his eyes and sighed deeply, as if it troubled him.
"I wish I could say-I honestly do-but alas, I cannot. If she wants to know, she needs to peruse it on her own; she can't have her boyfriend doing it for her. But I can say this; ancient, dark magic runs through those veins. Powerful, ancient, dark magic. She best be wary."
And with that, the sun god Apollo was off.
I remembered one time when Percy told me Apollo had a thing for Jason's sister, Thalia. After meeting her, I thought the idea was hilarious since Thalia was a Huntress in Apollo's sister's Hunters. But now? The idea didn't seem so ludicrous to me, especially not after the thunder rolled across the sky, the sun disappeared, and I knew Apollo had said something he wasn't supposed to.
I knew something I wasn't supposed to.
Why was she so protected?