Loose Bolt of a Complete Machine

**SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!!**
There was something you had noticed that you didn't think anyone else did. When Leo was really upset, he showed it in a different way that most people didn't see. Instead of sulking, he smiled more. Instead of crying, he laughed harder. Instead of talking about his problems, he hid them behind an abundance of jokes and comebacks that came from his mouth more often. That made you think...if he hides his pain behind his smiles, then was he always sad? Was he always hiding back emotions that he should've expressed? And how long had this been going on? More importantly, why was it going on? It made you wonder a lot, and you demanded answers. That night, when everyone went to sleep, you couldn't. You decided you would wake up Leo after everyone else was surely sound asleep so you could talk to him, and hopefully help him.
When the snores of your friends showed they were fast asleep, you tapped him lightly on the shoulder. He rolled over to look at you.
"You couldn't sleep either, sunshine?" he asked, bearing a smile and bags under his eyes.
"No," you admitted. "I have something to ask you, though."
"And what's that?"
"Why do you hide?"
"I don't know what you mean."
"Leo, you know exactly what I mean." He sighed.
"Because...I don't know, there's multiple reasons."
"I have time to hear all of them." Another sigh.
"Why don't you just go to sleep. You'll need it, okay?"
"You need to be happy."
"I never said I wanted to be-"
"Everyone wants to be happy. No one wants to be filled with sadness."
"Are you sure you want to know?"
"That's what I'm here for. I'm here for you. I'm on this quest for you. For us." He gave you a sad smile as tears formed in his eyes.
A pause, and then, "You know, you're really the only family I've ever had..."
"What do you mean?"
"My mom died when I was young...I never really had a family after that. I don't know much about what families are supposed to feel like, but, when I'm with you, I think, 'yeah, this is what it feels like to have a family. To have someone who loves you' and that's the best feeling in the world. I love you more than I've loved anyone in a long time...and that's part of the reason why. I've had to make my own happiness, so I've been boxing up my emotions and saving them until they burst out of the box and I can't hold them in anymore. It's better that way, though, because sometimes, I forget I'm even sad at all. I don't want anyone to worry about me because they've already got enough to take care of, so...that's why." You wiped the tears that had formed in your eyes and you kissed him.
"There's no reason why you should ever keep anything at all from me. You're my job to worry about, okay? Ill worry about you even if you don't want me to, because that's what families do-they look out for each other. And that's what you and I are, Leo-we're a family. Ohana means family-"
"-and family means no one gets left behind or forgotten," he finished, smiling warmly at you.
"Leo?"
"Yeah?"
"I love you."
"I love you too."
"Don't ever forget that, you dork," you smiled, lacing your fingers with his.
"Even Hera couldn't make me forget you."

**Hera: *cackles in distance* "YOU WANNA TEST THAT THEORY?!" JK DONT KILL ME**
**UPDATE: V SORRY I MEANT TO POST THIS LAST NIGHT BUT I FORGOT TO PRESS THE PUBLISH BUTTON OOPS XD I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLLLLL!!! ALSO SUBSCRIBE TO awkwardragon / Lee Nanase ON YOUTUBE!!**