𝘅𝗶𝘃. 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲

*ೃ:

*ೃ:.✧ ─── ( 𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙙𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 )
❛ I WANTED TO SEE YOU ❜
⌣*ೃ:.✧✼°․⋆⌣
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝗮𝘂𝗴𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝟭𝟭, 𝟭𝟵𝟲𝟰

     EVELYN THOUGHT she was dreaming when she was greeted with a pair of scouse, hazel eyes. he had a black fedora draped under his arm and a worn suitcase in the other hand. he wore a goofy grin, showing his slightly crooked teeth.

"what the hell are you doing here!?" she asked frantically, her heart rate speeding up but in the most unpleasurable way. she blinked a few times, still unconvinced he was really standing before her.

"well, everyone else has someone to go home to leaving me with my lonesome self, so i figured i'd visit my favorite journalist." paul explained sweetly, like a child would when they wanted something from their parents.

"you don't have a family you could be pestering instead?" she articulated her t's and her sapphire orbs were bulging with frustration.

"i've pestered them for eighteen years straight. they can have a break," he waved off, walking past her and letting himself in.

he briefly scanned over the apartment, fascination overwhelming him. she had an open floor plan, the spotless kitchen having direct access to the coral colored living room. it was nicer than most hotel rooms he'd be crammed in with his bandmates.

evelyn closed the door slowly with furrowed brows as she organized her thoughts. "how, how did you even find out where i live?" she slightly stammered with her eyes closed, still in shock about his presence.

paul snapped out of his daze and turned around to face the blonde. "funny story, actually. brian has a contact list of all the people we work with, but you made things very difficult for me by not giving your personal number.

     instead, i called your boss, deborah haverford — nice lady. talked to her for a bit and told her i wanted to meet up with you here in brooklyn. she said i should set up meeting through melanie to 'piss you off less' — her words, not mine.

anyway, i called melanie and we had a lovely conversation and she thought of this brilliant idea for me to surprise you at your doorstep!" he finished, smiling as his chest heaved rapidly, trying to catch his breath.

"at 2:00 am on a wednesday night?" she asked through gritted teeth while balling up her fists.

"technically, shouldn't it be morning?" he thought aloud to himself.